• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the first Pokemon you ever laid eyes on?

Tyger-san

faith is power...
What I mean is this: Usually when you were introduced to Pokemon there was a first Pokemon you saw. I still remember the first Pokemon I ever saw... Mine was Vulpix. I was eating at KFC and they were selling these plushes to advertise for a New show called, " Pokemon." When my dad handed me the toy I was so excited and I read the tag. Most peoples first Pokemon was Pikachu and for some it wasnt. Just thought I start up a thread about this.

So when you first discovered Pokemon, what was the first Pokemon you saw?

Kokopelli

Mostly harmless
I think mine was Primape. I was flipping through channels on th tv, and then pokemon popped up. It was the episode when Ash catches a primape on his way to Celedon City. I might have seen others before that, but that's the first one i remember.

Super_Trainer

The first pokemon i saw was Caterpi;010; my mom got it for me for a birthday present b4 i ever saw the pokemon show and to this day i still like Caterpi :)

Sonikku

Kanto Starter Fan
Charizard and Blastoise both at the same time, as they were on the Covers of Red and Blue lined up on the Shelves in a Game Shop.

Onix and Sandslash. First pokemon I ever saw in my life. I was 4, and saw the episode where Bruno was calming an onix. I saw the part where Bruno took Sandslash out of onix. After that, I was addicted!!

Strawberry.

Strawberry fields.
Goldeen was the first Pokémon I ever saw. From the third episode or something like that.

I think the first I ever saw was the Charizard on the Red box, but the one that had the most influence was Mewtwo, who was at least in the first 20 I ever saw. Mewtwo looked so cool, and so I decided to save up for and buy a gameboy colour and the game.

yanma024

yanma...
my first was a kabuto, on Bills door. giant dragonite later on convinced me that i like pokemon. in celebration i shal train a dragonite in DP

GrassForStarter

Cascade Trainer
The first ones ever were Squirtle, Raticate, Zubat, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Diglett, Charizard, Blastoise and Geodude from a TV commercial. All at once.
I got freaked out, it seemed so cool.

Uh...Bulbasau, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu on a tape of episodes I saw at the store

muckers

*yawn*
First Pokemon I ever saw would've been Charmander on a Trading Card.

My friend had been to America, and I hadn't heard of Pokemon - he'd bought some cards, and that was the first I saw.

Well, the first I saw was a Double Colourless energy, but that doesn't count as a Pokemon. :p