• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the first Pokemon you ever laid eyes on?

Nyarumacat

Either Pikachu or Bulbasaur, can't remember

Zee-V70

I started to like Pokemon in the Second Generation... so Pikachu wasn't it. I just started to like it, so I got a Pack. Those GSC ones where you got a Japanese Reverse Holifoil pokemon card with it. Golbat was the first one in there, and I got Pichu as the Reverse Holo. Twice.

purpleslime

The first pokemon I ever saw was a pikachu that some one was drawing in my kindergarden class a long time ago.

Atari

Did it on 'em
I belive it was either Bellsprout or Zubat. For some reason, I keep thinking I had a discussion with some friends in Kindergarden about nameing Bellsprout Bell or Bella, which was kinda stupid. But I never found out about Pokemon until I was in First grade...

I remember almost exactly: In [first] grade, I and everyone else were working on a bat project, 'cause we were learning about 'em. One of meh friends named Garrett or something said to his friends: "Hey, this looks like a Zubat!". So, I asked them about it, and they showed me what it looked like on Blue version.

toomuchtime

The Master...
Mine was voltorb.The show was on so i watched it.Later Ashes alarm clock is a voltorb...Yea but if you want a real one in the show Pikachu....

Thunderpkmn

Thunder Pokemon User
The 1st pokemon I ever laid eyes on was Squirtle I think, I'm not sure why, but I do remember Squirtle 1st.

Guraena

I think Dratini from when KFC was giving out those Pokemon plushes. Or, it may have been Pikachu. I can't remember. :|

PDL

disenchanted
I think it was Venusaur, on a Promotional card on a block of black diamond cheese o_O;

IIRC, there were four cards to collect, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise and Meowth.

LuciRuki

Born This Way
I honestly can't remember, but I know that one of the first cards I got was a Tangela. Thats the best you can get out of me.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
The first one I remember is charizard firing a flamethrower at Ash and co in the first season. I actually thought it was that big.

Meowth! That's right!

Cat Pokemon Trainer
It was probably a Charmander figurine that a Koreon boy in my class took to school before the Pokemon fad started... or I might have seen something else before then I forget....

It was Mewtwo, I saw him in an ad for the 1st movie. But what made me get into it was a card I found on the floor at a Denny's! XD