• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the hardest Elite 4 to defeat?

What was the most difficult Elite 4 to beat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun777

I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope this is the right place.

It took a very long time for me to beat the Kanto Elite 4, what was especially difficult was Agatha because her pokemon had moves like Hypnosis and Dream Eater. I gotta say it was really frustrating.

Surfer pikachu

Toorchiic!
I will say that the Sinnoh&Kanto are the hardest E4 to defeat

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Feel My Aura
Hoenn E4 sucked balls.

It took me ages to get passed the that ghost lady with the dusknoir.

flygon54

for me it was kanto, i got past it in the first gen, but i just cant win in the 3rd gen!

Icy_Snorunt

Pokemon Coordinator
Even though I think Hoehn's was the most frustrating, I think Kanto was the hardest to beat. It was pretty difficult. Darn that Lorelei! >:3

Poluxi

Pokemon Collector
kanto was so hard for me i think i only beat it one time EVER!!!
hard to believe??
it's so weird i would go all the way to the dragon guy (forgot his name)
and lose
if i was lucky i would go to gary
and then lose there

Samsara

Believe
Kanto easily.

I remember dumping all my cash on fullheals/fullrestores before beating the first 2-3 over and over to level up and spending cash in between on consumables so that i'd finally be able to take out Lance's lvl 70(?) Dragonite. I swear, if i didn't have Toxic + Full Restore cheesed, i'd surely have lost.

It's a shame that i found out that the Pokeflute could be used in combat after getting to a point where Agatha was a pushover >.>

Glitcher

The Kanto E4 is a piece of cake if you bring Gengar with you. Then most of Bruno and Lance's Pokémon can't land a hit on you because their move pool is predominantly Normal and Fighting Type. I got a perverse pleasure watching Lance's Dragonite constantly fail to hurt me because it only had Agility, Slam, Barrier and Hyper Beam. Ha!

Unfortunately, Game Freak have wised up to such tactics and given the Sinnoh E4 Pokémon a much more diverse move pool. Cynthia was a nightmare to defeat because I was low on revives/potions and she kept anticipating my moves by switching Pokémon. It took a series of lucky shots before I finally nailed her Roserade with Charizard's Fire Blast. Definitely the most satisfying victory in the game.

Penguinist Trainer

I'm not sure if we are including the "Champion" with the Elite 4, but I've had more problems with Hoenn, mainly with the introduction of Steel Types. The Bug types in Sinnoh weren't very challenging.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Hoenn easily... I found it easy to defeat the champions though...
Wallace can be swept by a Grass type pokemon

I hated Drake the most... my god .. what an outrage!

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Kanto have the hardest Elite Four members.
It took me sooo long to finally defeat Lance and my rival...

petstock

I always used to have major problems with the kanto elite four. but they may have bieng because of the fact i was much younger then...

Status
Not open for further replies.