• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Originally, I wanted my name to be "Y59ssp7H", but I had my hands set on the keyboard wrong. -.-

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
My name is the name of my first hydreigon on white lol

I didn't even know it was it's french name when i chose this name i got that pokemon from a trade and i thought it was a nickname lol

Anyways i plan on changing my name soon not really as much a hydreigon fan now though i remember my two hydreigons from white fondly :)

EspNeon

Badge Collector
Espeon's shiny sprite is neon green, so I just merged Espeon + Neon to make EspNeon

Tuxlash

Ba-doom-tish.
My thought process:

>Hit Register button
>Got to think of a username but I want something new
>Randomly remember a joke I participated in where you make an *original* character by mashing two existing ones together, à la Sonichu
>Ended up with Tuxedo Slash, a combination of Sandslash and Tuxedo Mask
>Tuxedo Slash
>Tuxlash, sounds cool, might as well go with it

My username is inspired by three of my favorite video game series. The three series being Final Fantasy, Star Wars KotOR and Mass Effect. To be precise, the first part of my username is a reference to the Judge Magisters in Final Fantasy XII. As for the second part, well except for one letter difference, it is nearly a reference to one of the party members in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords. Now the last part of my user name, it is a reference to the player character of Mass Effect 1 through 3, Commander Shepard.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
My mom made my account for me when I was 12. Bug was her childhood nickname for me.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Ny is from New York and the whole thing is a play from the word "Night"... I like night time more than day time so I am a "nighter" thus Nyter.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
My new username is NOT just an alternative spelling of "Harmony". It actually is a term used for ensembles of wind instruments around the 18th century. the username fits me perfectly because I love woodwind and brass instruments! I own a lot of them, and have played a number of them. I'm also going into Music History/Musicology.

spoonyliger

vaporboi
spoony because that's just the kind of person I am.

liger because my zodiacs are Lion and Tiger.

ReDrawn

For me it was a mix between my first and last name smashed together. Once I got something that sounded close to a real word, I changed it to that word.

burninator59

I was super into Homestar Runner when in 2007. Picked the number 59 at random, I think...

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I had to pick a gamertag for xbox, when I played halo for the first time. Peppercat popped into my head immediately (no idea why, and this was a long time ago), and I love sour food so I picked lemons instead of pepper. Power because the t-shirt i was wearing at the same time had "POWER" written on the front lol.

ForYou2DaMoon

Failed Musician
There is a band called Basement and they have a song called For You the Moon. I went to see them last year and I manged to get one of their set lists and the track was written down as what my username is.