• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
Mine comes from Axews Japanese name witch is Kibago. But Kibago was taken so I just added the S at the end.
First time I saw Axew when it was reveled I feel in love with it completely and my favorite typing at the time was Dragon so it kind of fitted quite good.

Navin

MALDREAD
I was always intrigued by the character Mordred in Arthurian legend. Lots of newer works depict him as an anti-hero rather than a cruel traitor. Anyway, I based my username off Mordred.

Paramount

Second to none
When it comes to Forum usernames, I always try to be unique.

aurachomp74

Merengue
"aura" is homage to Lucario, one of my favorite pokemon growing up. "chomp" comes from Garchomp, a pokemon I realize is a beast and leaves out a path of destruction everywhere it goes. 74 is a random number

TheKvothe

Wannabe Hero
I named myself after the main character in my favorite book, The Name of the Wind. He's a child prodigy, skilled musician, and famous magician (practically the opposite of me).

I've aways loved thunder, so, I fused Thunder with my name
Thunder + Roberto = Thunderbert
xD

Xadvid

Mastermind
My username is inspired by the Organization XII members in Kingdom Hearts hehe...

"Xadvid" = "David X" or "X David"

My username as of the time of my writing this post is MesopotamianSumerian, so we'll work from there. The states of Mesopotamia and Sumer are historically one of the first civilizations ever discovered. They date back to thousands of years BCE. Mesopotamia and Sumer were located directly adjacent to each other, and were supposedly built where modern-day Iran stands. I guess I thought it'd be cool to create a name by mashing the two together, so I have MesopotamianSumerian. The name implies that I am a resident of both Mesopotamia and Sumer. I dunno where I was going with that, but it's cool to know the origin of it.

Scattar

Sableye Enchancer
Needed a name for a music assignment. And the legend Scattar was born.

DarkFeline

Meow...
I love cats and black is one of my favorite color.

Leader

Expert
My username is inspired by the Gym Leaders of Pokémon. Shaga was my first idea, but this username is better for me.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
14-year-old-me thought Ho-Oh was a bamf. 14-year-old-me also thought the spelling of his name looked rather stupid with the dash. 14-year-old-me discovered his Japanese name was Houou. 14-year-old-me also discovered that houou meant phoenix in general. 14-year-old-me wanted a longer name. 14-year-old-me had seen people with colors preceding their favorite Pokémon as usernames. 14-year-old-me remembered the golden Ho-Oh from the first episode.

14-year-old-me was done.

Fyi, current-day-me still thinks Ho-Oh is bamf.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Obsessed with Swampert since R/S/E, and creating this account at the time, younger me apparently wanted it to be clear what Pokemon I loved. Also, the "5712" is my favorite combination of numbers.

MidnightCombat

Bird of Destruction
My username is more so tribute to my favorite Pokémon's type since "Scrafty" was taken. I thought I would use Midnight to represent Dark and Combat to represent Fighting. I actually never used this name on any forum however.