• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
I'm gonna be cheesy as hell and admit I came up with mine from a dream years ago when I was just a kid.

It carried over handsomely into my writing at least so I'm happy. XD

AwesomeGrovyle

Local Cryptid
When I was a kid I thought Grovyle were awesome Pokemon. I started creating all of my account's with AwesomeGrovyle as my username. As I got older I decided to keep the name since I'm kinda too lazy to think of a new username. And that's how I got my username.

I just realized I made this account nearly 6 years ago.
Scary how fast time goes by sometimes! 2008 feels like 2 years ago?
I think it was a combination of wanting to use Misty's Japanese anime name, and the latter being hime since I was obsessed with the anime "Mai HiME" at the time.

flyer1228

Novice Shiny Hunter
Umm.. for me... I wanted a username that had something to do with me. At the time I was swimming and unfortunately, I was forced (sort of) to swim the stroke "Butterfly" which we shortened it to "Fly". Since I swim fly, I figured I would be a "Flyer". The 1228 is my Birthday month and day. Therefore, Flyer1228.

i was 11 years old, tried a bunch of names, didnt work so got frustrated, then tried random names based off 'pokemon' till one worked. and the rest is history.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I put a lot of thought into my username. I love dragons: dragon lore, dragon novels (Dragonsong, Eragon, etc), dragon everything. Dragon is my favorite Pokemon type, obviously :) So I wanted a username that represented my love of dragons. The idea of dragons was supposed to have originated from the Indonesian giant monitor lizard, the Komodo Dragon, which have venom in their bite and can kill you with it. I imagine it feels like fire if they bite you...maybe that's why dragons breathe fire? Anyway, I also have a degree in biology, so I took the scientific name of the Komodo Dragon, Varanus komodoensis, and the rest is history! Now I use that username and go by Varanus on almost every website that I'm a part of.

shadcat1206

in the shadows i lie
mine is kinda simple, i have a cat named shadow. the 1206 i have no idea, i just thought it sounded cool at the time( back when i played club penguin like 3-4years ago)

hypnofreak

Hex Maniac
I dedicated my username to an individual who holds a special place in my menagerie. Being mad enough to use it occasionally in competitive battling, I accredit myself to be a freak.

If only Hypno was with me, I would be rid of my insomnia problems.

TrainerTJ

Super Nerd
I always name my character TJ when I play pokemon, after my Initials

MrFreaky

Kingdom Hearts Nerd
Played a nuzlocke once and i found i geodude, i named Mr. Freaky and now i usually use that name as a username

Twinhead

Weather trainer
Twin cause I'm a twin, head as in 'Two heads are better than one' Now that I think of it twintwo might actually be a better name oh well!

Mintt

one word. fairies.
I used to use the name 'MintPanda' for some reason. Then I shortened it to 'Mint' but that's always taken on forum sites, so now it's Mintt.

CgL7

Hi! I'm a new user, so I'll post my name origin now as a newbie lol. CgL7: name + surnames + favourite number. Easy x)

Azer

Leader
My username is difficult to explain for me. Mmm, I use the word As (For card games in spanish - Number 1) and the word "As de batalla" (Frontier Brain), because it's a cool name for a great trainer. I changed the "S" of As and I created the word Az. Well, the forums need three letters, so I add "ER"... Finally, I formed the word "Azer". For me, is a cool word :p

Well, there wasnt really too much inspiration behund my new user name. I guess its just my actual name with the title of PKMN Trainer in front of it. Of and the asterik of course.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
My username is the german translation of the Word "Shame"