• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Well, my name is Nicole. That's where I got the Nikki part from, i wanted a nickname with Miss Nikki but I hated the way that looked. So I changed the S's to Z's and the rest is pretty much history.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I was 14 and thought I knew everything about Pokémon. Surprise, I don't.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Sutittaja is nickname from my childhood. One of my friends called me Sutittaja, because i was always was so fast in place when called. I live in Finland, so it explain it better.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
I used to go by Fire Element Lord, or FEL for short. Back when I was in a gaming clan, one of the members started calling me Felly, and then from there, it just spread to everyone else calling me that, and it stuck. .-.

I use the name Babaganoosh in game as well. It's a reference to a TV show I used to love called MXC.

Pokemon X was my first game (many thanks to my girlfriend for getting me into it), and I was having trouble coming up with a name for my character because I refuse to use my own name in games, so she said, "Just use the silliest thing you can think of," and Babaganoosh came to mind so I typed it in as a lark lol. It's also a fun name to say, so there's that.

Xuxuba

Xuxuba means something like cutie in my native language. Now everytime someone calls me by the username they are basically saying that i'm cute.

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
The Shoveler is my favorite character from Mystery Men. 1887 is just a random number I attached to the end to guarantee the username isn't taken on other sites I might transfer over to :)

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
Well, I played Super Paper Mario a while back, and since Luigi is my favorite Mario character, I was a little upset that he got kidnapped by Count Bleck. Then I got to the Whoa Zone, and was met with Mr. L, the brainwashed Luigi, who instantly made me like Luigi ten times more. He just looked so cool, and his cocky attitude and demeanor was so drastically different from Luigi. And then the way Luigi influenced the final boss was just genius! Plus all those awesome quotes like "The Green Thunder strikes like lighting!" just added to his almost super villain-esque personality.

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
Manaphy, the Prince of the Seas.

In many of my usernames, it's associated with emperors and high military ranks. For example, my LoL username is derived from a Roman emperor. I have to point to RTS, chess, and especially Rome: Total War for influencing me.

.Person.

No avatard plz
I was a Copyright Manager/Graphic Designer for iPBfree along side cfr (CatFriedRice) for zetaboards and invisionfree a few years back and scored on the name Person. I also used that alias for vBulletin and iPB design work.

When I requested a name change I forgot to leave a space between the last sentence and the name I wanted. So, I'm stuck with .person. instead of just "Person". :p

Pathfinder

No Angel
My username was partially inspired by Garrus Vakarian from the Mass Effect series. He's my all time favorite video game character like ever lol.

I mostly chose it because anytime I was scared or I had trouble sleeping my grandmother would recite the prayer of St. Michael the Archangel to me. She actually passed away a few months back and shes one of only exactly two people that have ever truly understood me in the whole world. I'll love and remember her for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

Ice Lock

Hello!
Nothing much to it, I love owls and great horned owls are my favourite.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
imgres

The Futurama character with the same name. Quite a simple inspiration. Wish I'd had something more creative.

Quazacoatl

Delta Stream!
A fusion of my favorite Pokemon and a dragon-like Aztec deity. Rayquaza+Quetzalcoatl. o3o

I'm pretty proud of myself for coming up with this.