• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

SmartD

The Smart part of my username comes from the fact I'm smart, mostly anyway. The D part comes from my first letter of my real name.

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
Pokemon Snap was my favorite game from the N64 (behind Banjo Tooie of course) so-

PIKAchu + pokemon SNAP ==> pikasnap ;)

Veranithas VI

Monarch of Kanto
I really like football, and I was hoping that my team (Manchester United) would bolster their defence this season and sign Raphael Varane. I needed to come up with a name to use on my 3DSXL, and Varanethis didn't sound too great, so I swapped a couple letters and settled with Veranithas. The "VI" is just for show, really.

I go by Veranithas of Pallet Town on another forum, but before I settled with that I used to use a whole list of horrible, horrible usernames. ;_;

Last edited:

Spectro889

At your assistance.
Well, that's a good question - I don't know.

I have the numbers, '889', because one day I just randomly picked 3 numbers in my old username, and I just kept using those same three numbers as I had nothing else new to put into it.
'Spectro', I got that word from the word 'spectrum'. Just taking out the 'Spectr' part out and putting 'o'.

I know, I have a random username.
That's cause I'm random. ;)

I used to play a game called Blockland, I got it way back in 2008. When you first got the game you were automatically assigned the name "Blockhead" followed by your ID (aka the Xth person to buy the game) before you changed it to what you wanted.

At that time, it seemed so simple - my favourite color followed by Blockhead. And the name has stuck with me net-wide ever since.

unfamiliarceilings

/u/qweligator
It's the title of an episode from an anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion. I thought it had a nice ring to it even though I'm not that huge of a fan of the show.

Other than the fact that coral is my favorite color, "Coral Gleam" is the name of my favorite lipstick, but I didn't want to rip it off completely...xD

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Vale is the name of an RP Pokemon trainer character I used on another site, he was ex Team Phoenix (the made up baddies for this RP) and he was looking for his sister that he had abandoned as a teenager to join Team Phoenix. He was one of their brightest scientists that created an entirely new Pokemon a Dark/Electric type that was used by his former team to try to kill him for his desertion and betrayal. He was on par with a regional Champion's Pokemon training level. The underscore and addition of Star at the end was just because it sounded cool, and I wanted a user name bigger than four letters, so there you go. :)

Doziz

Fossil Hunter
Childhood nickname. I think it sounds pretty good too, short and punctual. It also isn't usually taken, so after my long quest for the perfect username, I got this.

Mxgneto

Master of Magnetism
Magneto was taken so this seemed like a pretty good choice. ;(

But yeah, he's basically my favourite Marvel character and since I couldn't think of anything better--
I just sorta went with it.

Last edited:

ReddJC

Redd for my nickname Big Red when I played football,and JC for my middle and last name initials..not nearly as unique as a few of the ones i've seen on here already.

I'd say it's something about Absol and lotion. I was gonna make my username "Absolute" but it was already taken and I couldn't think of anything else so I made it "Absolushun" I'd say it's pronounced "Absolution" cause it can't sound like "Absolotion" with that spelling but now I realized I could have made my username "Absolotion."

Pink!

Pink Puff Ball
Well, in SSBB I needed to come up with a name so I could make custom controls (and turn off tap jump). It's hard coming up with something that's only 5 characters and isn't something shortened. Anyway, since my two mains are Kirby and Jigglypuff, I decided to go with Pink! And since that usually isn't taken on forums, well, here is my username :p

Wekkek

My username is wekkek, because its what i always use, my real name is Wenche, and a friend of mine said wekkek instead of Wenche, when we were like 2-3 years old. So been my nickname almost my whole life. So use it everywhere. If you ever see a user named wekkek in other Sites, or games, like world of Warcraft, thats most likely me ;)

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
Because I am a fan of anime and how awesome the mythical monsters/charaters are in anime.... which includes pokemon.. I came up with this name. There have been many myths and legends about weird monster/creatures/demon things roaming around Japan's waters and forests.
However I am not a fan of demons.. some of them look pretty interesting and neat.
I am more of a fan of the nice non-demonic creatures... but in most anime, all spiritual creatures are called demons (except angels that have not fallen). Usually called a demon more so when a spiritual being is enraged with some kind of emotion that becomes destructive. shrugs.
* No, I do not see pokemon as demons nor demonic.

Kumiho

Blasian
"Kumiho" are mythological creatures in Korean folklore. They are nine-tailed fox demons that take the form of beautiful women, lure young men in, and eat their organs. Gruesome, ye? I chose this because I'm pretty into mythology in general, and I'm half-Korean so I decided to use something in Korean mythology.

Beelogical

The Mad Knight
I wanted a change from an older username I had, and people told me I'm very logical. Since my name begins with 'B' and I like the letter 'B' I came up with this one :].