1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was the inspiration for your username?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Silent_Vibrava, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Shiny Espurr

Shiny Espurr Ace Procrastinator

One of my favorite shiny Pokemon.

2. MrConfusedTurkey

MrConfusedTurkey Well-Known Member

I really love Doctor Who, so your username made me laugh.

My username comes from a friend of mine when we were having a conversation. I was trying to come up with a new username for some forum, since I wanted to change my alias, and my bird was making a ton of weird, funny noises to which my friend exclaimed that she sounded like a really confused turkey, so I just went with that because we thought it was hilarious. The Mr part is just because I am a dude. I am very fond of this alias now, lmao.

3. ??????

?????? That guy.

??? aka your rival Silver from the original G/S

4. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Exalted Meme Junkie

Better hope nobody gobbles you up come Thursday.

Heh. Turkey. Gobbles you up. Gobble gobble.

5. SnazzySwampert

SnazzySwampert Well-Known Member

For mine.... Swampert's a Snazzy pokemon!

6. Nightmare Fuel

Nightmare Fuel Comin' for Ya

My love for Ghost Types. :3

7. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

Phanpy and heracross, yeahhhhhhhh

8. Superteletubbies64

Superteletubbies64 MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!

it's not hard to guess!

9. User 101

User 101 New Member

I've used it for years on so many other forums, so I also used it here. I don't remember how I came up with it though.

10. Phoenyxs

Phoenyxs Burning Spirit

I chose my name cause I love the Phoenix and im a Huge MTG Player, so i used the Nyx in my name from the Theros Block

11. Polecat

Polecat Cool Cat

-The rockabilly band The Polecats
    -The common name for ferrets and skunks

12. Abysmal Flames

Abysmal Flames Active Member

For some reason, the word abysmal became my favorite vocabulary word in middle school. Fire was also my favorite type of Pokemon. So when I started moving away from "pokemon-related" usernames, I ended up going with Abysmal Flames which means deep or endless flames. Eventually, this name became the root for many of my gaming names, including Final Fantasy XI Online, Phantasy Star, and even some of pokemon game names are derivatives of abysmal.

13. Loyal

Loyal The Best

I have one of the worst imaginations ever so I just picked a random word that didn't sound so bad.

14. Blood Red

Blood Red ...

It was inspired by Red, my favorite protagonist from the games.

15. Garde

Garde Ballroom Dancer

Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon, and it's just a shortening of its name. Though honestly if I could change my name without a hassle, I probably would.

16. Banana Bloodplanet

Banana Bloodplanet Well-Known Member

I like making names based off of food and another word that starts with the same letter as the food. I really like the way Banana Bloodplanet sounds and the imagery that accompanies it.

17. Phaeton

Phaeton Lit

This

Or the Volkswagen. You choose.

18. Sutittaja

Sutittaja Lightning zebra

My childhood nickname was Sutittaja, so it has been my username ever since. And it's pretty sure that it will never be taken in other forums.

19. ~Sylveon~

~Sylveon~ New Member

It may seem self explanatory, but my new favorite Pokemon is the most recent Eeveelution, Sylveon.

20. The G.O.A.T.

The G.O.A.T. 12-Gage

Well mine stands for something...
    G- Greatest
    O- Of
    A- All
    T - Time

Little conceited? Naaah. My nickname growing up was Goat because I live on a farm and I was in charge of them, I was the only one that could walk around without scaring any of them. So it stuck