• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

You'd probably expect me to say the Pokemon Special manga, but it's actually based off this game I'd play with my little brother when I was a kid. We'd both pretend we were pokemon trainers and we were going on an adventure. I have no idea why we called it pokemon special (we had no idea about the manga at that point, not using the internet) but it was important to me when I made this account (which was quite a while ago, lol).

Steamcraft

Lazy Time Traveler
That's super awesome, pokemon special! My sister and I played trainers, too; we were each other's companion yet also rivals.

Steamcraft is split from Steampunk/Witchcraft~ The 'craft' usually leaves people guessing. :]

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
I always had an odd feeling since R/B/Y there should've been a grass type Eeveeloution, and ever since Leafeon was revealed, it has been my top favorite Pokemon ever since.

The Void stems from a couple things: My love of Astrology and space, and a dark point in my personal life.

I came up with it as YouTube username back in the time that Google+ didn't exist (I also don't have a Google+ profile)
No idea why I wrote it as jingiebeils though, it's probably a bit confusing.
I think I was gonna make the username jingiebeiis like the user heiisbeiis (Which is also kinda the inspiration behind my username) but that username was already taken.

But I like my username that way, I still want to keep it like that and be one of the YouTube users that it still known by their username and not by their full name because of Google+

I also used it on this site because I wanted to.
lol

Ascended Dialga

Roar of Time is the signature move of my favorite legendary, Dialga, and I was born in 1991

HM02gon

Waiting...
I was mentally going through a list of my favorites, and then a terribly sarcastic pun came into my brain. I also get my inspiration from jokes like "Got TM87?(i think that's it)"
I'm surprised nobody has this yet.

Vern

Why not both?
Inspired only partially by Noivern, Partially by Jules Verne and partially the name of a fictional character I created.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
master_xehanort_by_uxianxiii-d5gmehh.jpg

This says it all tbh.

Shadow Aura

Inspired by the two spin-off games on the Gamecube - Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

The whole concept of Shadow Pokémon was very cool to me when it came out. So I dedicated my username to that concept.

Aon_Epiphany

Dreams and Wishes
"AON" are actually just my initials
"Epiphany" was a nickname I was given in middle school by select friends. Something to do with them talking about how I was someone they could go to when they felt confused and I helped them see things from another perspective. One of my girl friends...er...female companions...whatever...said something jokingly about me being "her little epiphany" and it just kinda stuck within my inner circle of close friends since. I guess using it here is just a little nod to them.

I study a lot of folklore and religion in my spare time, and I especially like reading about witches and their incarnations across all cultures. Baba Yaga is one of my favorites because she has such a multi-faceted character as far as witches go. She's been known to either hinder or aid those who encounter her, and she doesn't fall into a lot of the tropes that witches in many cultures fall into, like their supernatural powers being reduced to their sexuality.

Chili

I always thought Chili was the coolest of the three brothers in Unova. I have two brothers and my older brother used to always have profile pictures of Cilan on here so when I joined, I chose Chili. My younger brother chose Cress.