1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was the inspiration for your username?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Silent_Vibrava, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Takeshii

Takeshii Well-Known Member

Came from Takeshi Kaneshiro. Used to just be Takeshi or Takeshi_K, but when it's taken you're forced to get more creative. :)

2. Matamune

Matamune Of the cats

Shaman King. The background story of Matamune specifically as it was a moving piece of work.

3. Tackoman657

Tackoman657 Lampent is good.

One day, I was thinking of a username. Then I realized that I liked tacos. Then I added a K to it and stuck on 657 at the end of it.

4. zapto369

zapto369 Because I'm Worth It

I've been using the name Zapto369 since I was 12-13, but it comes from the pokemon, my favorite pokemon actually Zapdos and changed up a little bit to sound like a person. The numbers are all multiples of 3 to make a sort of numerical trinity and such. I probably sounded much cooler in my head originally, but now it's sort of a personal legend since I've been using the name for so long.

5. SkyTheAbsol

SkyTheAbsol Dark-Type Fanatic

So a really REALLY long time ago, I was a member of a website called Supercheats. My username was Skymin or something along those lines, I thought it was creative at the time. After a while, people would just shorten that to Sky or Shay (Skymin = Sky-Shaymin, after all) and I took that and went with it.
    Despite having a Shaymin-centered username, though, I pretty much always had an avatar of Absol, my favorite Pokemon. So if not Sky or Shay, I'd occasionally be referred to by some friends as "That Absol Lady" - so, when I started making new accounts on places (like here or DeviantArt to name a few), SkyTheAbsol stuck.

'Tis a silly name, perhaps, but it's my name now so meh.

6. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

Grey Wind is one of the direwolves from ASOIAF. Love the series and it's usually not taken so I use it a lot now.

7. Kansas_Rocks!

Kansas_Rocks! Awesomeness Trainer

I live in Kansas and I think it rocks. Also, the band Kansas does rock, so it has a double meaning.

8. DiaRubyTandem

DiaRubyTandem The Fastest Comeback

Brendan/Ruby my favorite trainer!!

9. Dennis Jansen

Dennis Jansen Pokémon Trainer

My username... I was so creative making it!
    Dennis is my first name.
    Jansen is my last name.

10. DiaRubyTandem

DiaRubyTandem The Fastest Comeback

Nice really creative

11. Kiki's delivery service

12. Skylander Sylveon

Skylander Sylveon Top Coordinator

Mine is SO spectacularly original you might just fart:

1. Skylanders! >:^D I never bought it but I was THIS CLOSE!!!
    2. Sylveon. Because BOWS!!

My next one is gonna be even more original so you better watch out! >:p

13. Viviaren

Viviaren Smug Snek

My name just came from Vivid and Virizion, and I’m not actually sure were the ‘ren’ bit at the end came from. I guess I just liked the sound of it.

14. Emperor Empoleon

Emperor Empoleon Honor of Kalos

Gen 4 was new back when I joined, and I was a massive fan of my latest starter at the time :3

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

16. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I first discovered this site searching for information on Jirachi. I planned on being named that, but it was already taken. So I based my name on the shiny version of Jirachi, which had a red coloration

17. Master Calem

Master Calem Time traveler fool

My name is made up as a mix of many things actually. Calem may seem like a common name but actually is like an anagram of the first letters in names of characters that really inspired me. Also, it is very meaningful in some ways....you could imagine how surprised I was when it could form the name Calem. Also master also means an anagram of other things. Since then, it has been my name in many forums/games/etc

18. Well, I'm a bit scruffy, I'm kinda old, and I'm a wolf.

Ok, no, but it was just random. I like wolves, so I thought about putting that in my username for once, and the rest just followed, and boom. Just like that.

19. Morty05

Morty05 Ghost-type trainer

I like Morty and Ghost types... so that is my first part of name. As for 05 it is just habit of mine to put 05 in all my username.

20. Suzuya

Suzuya Banned

I named myself after my favorite little murderous ball of stitched up sunshine

[​IMG]