• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

Benzigzag

I was making an account for a website when I was five (I can't remember what site that was now...) and one of the name suggestions was Benzigzag. It's just kinda stuck.

There's so much odd moves in Gen VI nobody seems to remember, like Electrify, Magnetic Flux, Ion Deluge, Rototiller, Flower Shield and... Aromatic Mist. They all sound so cool, so I picked the one I like the most, which is also the signature move of my (current) favorite Pokemon, Aromatisse. I also believe in protecting one's friend (hopefully through passive means), so an attack that boosts the Special Defense of allies is quite appropriate.

I've always loved the escape of a good book or fairytale, but my life changed when the show Once Upon a Time came out. I'm completely obsessed. So I figured why not make that my username?

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I joined back when D/P just came out and at the time Forretress was my favorite pokemon and I wanted something that also began with F so thus Forretress Fan was born.

Synnett

Stuff
As soon as I realized that my second name wasn't picked anywhere, I decided to use it for the internet. You know, when you pick a name and it's already used everywhere... Don't steal mine! o_O

unresponsive

still in a dream, skin eater
it could mean i don't want to talk to you OR a computer error. those are pretty scary! worse than being antisocial i guess!

Tricksie

Splendid Collector
My friend and I back in highschool used to go by Trick and Treat, we used that in games or whatever else we did together. We even drew some characters up, and gave them a back story. Trick stuck with me even after highschool, so I added "sie" on the end in an attempt to make it cuter.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Back when I first made this account five years ago, I had only watched .hack//SIGN for the first time and absolutely loved the character of Crim. His calm and cool demeanor, how he treats his friends, his self-sacrificing nature ... he's just the best character in the show. His nickname was "The Red Thunder".

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Well I wanted something that sound English (I am French and thought an English sounding username would be cool and easier to pronounce by English speaking memebers of the community). And since I tend to have the head in the clouds and to have weird dreams...well I put a reference to that in my username...

But now I would prefer to be called Amapola (the poppy in Spanish since I have a Spanish grandfather), because I think my username is too narcissitic sounding...as if I was saying I am the girl everybody dream of...

Gumshoe

Detective
I'm obsessed with detectives and forensic science. Gumshoe is a slang term for detective that no one actually uses in real life.

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
'Med' is short for 'medicine' or 'medicinal', whereas 'Mana' is the energy that fuels magic.
Simply put, 'Med. Mana' is another way to say 'White Magic'.

Little Missy

Free cake for all~
I'm sorta little... and I'm a girl, so Little Miss is my standard username but that was taken so I'm stuck with Little Missy~

Duzzeno

In the nineties a movie came out called Eurotrip. In there a guy named Scott travels to meet his internet girlfriend. Since my name is Scott everytime people saw me they would start singing the song from the movie called "Scotty doesn't know."
Scotty doesn't know
Scotty Duzzeno
Duzzeno!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
When I saw Lucario, I instantly loved it. Lucario was already taken and I think I had recently played XD Gale of Darkness so I decided to go with Shadow Lucario.

Gyaraderp

Herp Derp
I thought it was funny, and I'd like to think that sometimes I'm funny.

MegaLopunny

Bunny enthusiast
*glances around*

nobody will ever guess