1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was the inspiration for your username?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Silent_Vibrava, Jul 13, 2013.

1. YunUroko

YunUroko Member

My original username is just Yûn. But, given it's used by many people across the internet, I often had to change it for something else...

Thus, I decided to add the name of my beloved Salamence I had on a RPG forum to it (also because the name of her Trainer was Yûn). Hence YunUroko :3

2. xdreamcatcher

xdreamcatcher Rising Star

Really interesting idea for a thread!

I wanted to register but didn't really had an idea for a name so I looked around in my room and saw my dreamcatcher. I also think the word sounds nice. And I added the "x" becaus I always do that on all my usernames.

3. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

Originally, I wanted my name to be "Y59ssp7H", but I had my hands set on the keyboard wrong. -.-

4. LadyTriox

LadyTriox No longer active

My name is the name of my first hydreigon on white lol

I didn't even know it was it's french name when i chose this name i got that pokemon from a trade and i thought it was a nickname lol

Anyways i plan on changing my name soon not really as much a hydreigon fan now though i remember my two hydreigons from white fondly :)

5. EspNeon

EspNeon Badge Collector

Espeon's shiny sprite is neon green, so I just merged Espeon + Neon to make EspNeon

6. Tuxlash

Tuxlash Ba-doom-tish.

My thought process:

>Hit Register button
    >Got to think of a username but I want something new
    >Randomly remember a joke I participated in where you make an *original* character by mashing two existing ones together, à la Sonichu
    >Ended up with Tuxedo Slash, a combination of Sandslash and Tuxedo Mask
    >Tuxedo Slash
    >Tuxlash, sounds cool, might as well go with it

7. AnorexicGirl

AnorexicGirl Banned

My eating disorder and my gender :p

8. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Judge Mandolore Shepard Spectre Agent

My username is inspired by three of my favorite video game series. The three series being Final Fantasy, Star Wars KotOR and Mass Effect. To be precise, the first part of my username is a reference to the Judge Magisters in Final Fantasy XII. As for the second part, well except for one letter difference, it is nearly a reference to one of the party members in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords. Now the last part of my user name, it is a reference to the player character of Mass Effect 1 through 3, Commander Shepard.

9. BUG

BUG insert joke so dated I don't even remember it

My mom made my account for me when I was 12. Bug was her childhood nickname for me.

10. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Ny is from New York and the whole thing is a play from the word "Night"... I like night time more than day time so I am a "nighter" thus Nyter.

11. Harmonie

Harmonie ♫ Ad vivere

My new username is NOT just an alternative spelling of "Harmony". It actually is a term used for ensembles of wind instruments around the 18th century. the username fits me perfectly because I love woodwind and brass instruments! I own a lot of them, and have played a number of them. I'm also going into Music History/Musicology.

12. spoonyliger

spoonyliger vaporboi

spoony because that's just the kind of person I am.

liger because my zodiacs are Lion and Tiger.

13. ReDrawn

ReDrawn New Member

For me it was a mix between my first and last name smashed together. Once I got something that sounded close to a real word, I changed it to that word.

14. ToonsJazzLover

ToonsJazzLover Active Member

It's two things that I admire: Jazzy music and cartoons.

15. burninator59

burninator59 Well-Known Member

I was super into Homestar Runner when in 2007. Picked the number 59 at random, I think...

16. Pidgeyote

Pidgeyote Pokemon Master

i like pidgeots... :v

17. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 Active Member

BronzeHeart I guess is random and 92 happens to be the year I was born.

18. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

I had to pick a gamertag for xbox, when I played halo for the first time. Peppercat popped into my head immediately (no idea why, and this was a long time ago), and I love sour food so I picked lemons instead of pepper. Power because the t-shirt i was wearing at the same time had "POWER" written on the front lol.

19. ForYou2DaMoon

ForYou2DaMoon Failed Musician

There is a band called Basement and they have a song called For You the Moon. I went to see them last year and I manged to get one of their set lists and the track was written down as what my username is.

20. Opassa

Opassa Tunne susi rakasta

chrono cross