• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

The Unknown Twinkie

Lilligant is so cute
I was originally called just Twinkie, my sister would call me that and I fell in love with that nickname (that I use it on any website that I sign up). But I love The Unknown Twinkie because I'm unknown and I love Twinkies and it's just plain cool.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
My username is inspired from The Legend of Zelda series. Ever since I first heard the name 'Lanayru' in Twilight Princess, I honestly liked the name itself. I basically attached 'light' in the beginning, mostly because I prefer the light over the dark, and I suppose it can signify that I'm referring to the light spirit in Twilight Princess rather than the dragon from Skyward Sword. (I love both games, though!)
Recently however, I've been thinking of changing my name from 'lightlanayru' to 'SilverLanayru' for when the next name change session happens. I thought it would have a better ring to it, and aside from blue and purple being my favorite colors, I also favor silver. (And Silver is likely one of my favorite chemical elements, too. xD)

If I had to share my former username on here, it was starfire_jirachi. It was inspired from both Pokemon and Teen Titans. Jirachi is still one of my most favorite Pokemon ever; Teen Titans was a show I loved to watch back in the day, and Starfire was my favorite character.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I don't really know. At the time of invention, I was cycling through prefixes and syllables in my head and eventually settled on "Endolise." There's not really any meaning to it.

I've been debating to myself about whether or not I should change it at the next opportunity, but I don't really know what I'd change it to. Plus, I think Endolise has sort of "become" me at this point, so any other name may seem less fitting.

Last edited:
My name is Calvin. So my screen name is something like Calvin is Cool but Calvin Cool at the moment.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
When I joined, I was into drawing (still am, really). Unlike my current cartoony style, my style then was huge head and eyes, 3-shaped mouths, that kind of thing. Japanese style, really. My main character set back then involved foods, one of my favourite of which was a small cake... in other words, a 'chibi muffin'.

whowantshoney

Melancholic Trainer
In my case, I just got it from a song (see Cherub Rock by The Smashing Pumpkins) and coincidentally, I also love Teddiursa :D

Originally I was TransDonald, which was a mixture of TransFormer and my name, Donald. But now my username, MCPokemon Fan, came from my two favorite things. MineCraft and Pokémon.

KyuremFreeze

Hello, b0ss
Well, i was on a website now known as pokemonxandpokemony.com. my username there was Kyurem. for some reason, i wanted to carry it over. i wanted to be something cooler. thus, kyuremfreeze! and now, all of my usernames are related to the word 'kyurem' , even though i personaly hate kyurem.

TheGiftedFlareon

Tactician's Gambit
Why? I remember my peers called me "Gifted" because I have more knowledge and respect than my classmates. I also love Flareons a lot because it was my first Eeveelution, so....

TheGiftedFlareon

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I was Keldeo 647 originally. People didn't like typing that out constantly, so they began to refer to me as either Keldz or Kelz—the latter stuck.

Now I use it for most everything because a) I like having a simplistic, four-lettered, easy to remember username, and b) it's almost always available (unless I'm signing up for a website with millions of members or whatever).

intoadaze

I Am The Master
I was "Daze" or "Dazegfx" on a lot of graphic design forums/signature forums. My portofolio is "intoadaze" so yea...

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
Storm Surge? I just thought it was a really cool name, because storms are cool and things like waves surge up to you on the beach.
And when I found out ( I think ) that it's something people like news crews say, I was like >:c

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
I wanted the name Dragonfruit or Guava, but they were taken. My name is Luce, so it kinda relates to Lucifer, so instead of Dragonfruit, I chose DevilFruit.
Yeah kinda weird.

grovyle1997

Grovyle because that was my favourite pokemon back when I made my account (now it's Breloom). And 1997 is the year I was born.

Mxmeltdown

Veteran Trainer
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I was 17 years old and had a MySpace where I called myself MelissaxMeltdown XD
Now I'm 23 and the name still stuck. Lol. Oh well.

Puma Italia

A few years ago, I wanted a jacket that was a "Puma Italia" jacket. I like Puma clothes and used to wear them all the time, I still do wear them, just not all the time. I also like cats. I am Italian, so the "Italia" part of my name made sense. The two words together just sounded cool to me, and I liked the name.