• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
Mine isn't very complicated. Seiya's constellation in Saint Seiya is Pegasus. So...PegasusxSeiya

The inspiration for my to-be username, ITANI, is...randomness I guess :p

It's my first name combined with a nickname my friend gave me.

Tyrantrum

The inspiration for my username is the new pokemon that was announced.

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Grovyle was my favorite Pokémon at the time I signed up, and I was young, and hardly into Pokémon, so I misspelled Grovyle as Grovyl. I thought all the Pokémon names weren't taken yet, but I was satisfied.

Still am.

I wanted people to know up front that I am an adult, not some 14 year old Kid.
amusingly enough, the most often questions I get is am I really bald and am I really an accountant (yes and yes)

Vikings

Oracle
Big NFL fan, favorite team is the Minnesota Vikings. Also a fan of Norse mythology, and hope to visit Scandinavia some day...so yeah.

matterzheart

matterz is a long time nickname of mine and the heart is spelled out for when there isn't a 'heart' symbol. :D

Guro

SHSL Teen Blogger
Venn is a character of mine that I've had for a long time, but I'm changing my username to Guro because of my blog's url which is a play on Kuroshitsuji and as a result people have started calling me Guro there...

SaltySoul

vytfdtufctuyfj
Simple. SoulSilver - Silver + Dialga = SoulDialga. Don't see any other way to put it.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
This may not make sense now, but my soon-to-be username is : royal.

I chose my new username for two reasons: The first was to escape the shame of having Monek_OP , and by that I mean a username that doesn't mean anything. I thought it would be cool at first, but then, EH.

The second, is because I like it. I was going to be purple, but that didn't work out ... SO... I decided upon royal, as purple is the color of royalty. Also, I liked the ring to it, and it does mean , 'to be part of monarchy', I s'pose it could be simplified to be leader , which is positive in its own right.

MarinaS

sinnoh queen
I think mine is pretty obvious but mine is SkywardZelda Because I love Skyward Sword's version of Zelda.

captkittybeard

Master Food-Eater!
my username was inspired by a character I made up. a couple years ago my friend and I signed up for some website and she picked the name Duck McGee. I decided that I had to make an equally weird best friend for him and somehow came up with Captain Kittybeard. I eventually drew both of the characters, but I'm not an artist so they were just derpy and now we use them for practically everything.

I finally decided to make an account, but I was rushing a lot so I just chose my two favourite pokes. Not very original, but hey.

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
I think it's pretty obvious what influenced my username lol

jbthedelirious

My favorite book, Wicked by Gregory Maguire, has a part in it where the main character, Elphaba refers to herself as "Elphaba the delirious". The "jb" part of my username comes from my initials.

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
So for my username, for various sites I took my name and added er. Sether so occasionally it was taken so I did variations like setheret and for one thing sether with an accented first e and I've done sethern. So I adventually just stuck with sethern like it better but still do occasionally sether.

Dark Dranzer

I was a Beyblade fan and into the brooding loners and I thought I was being edgy by adding 'Dark' at the beginning (I was around 14-15 when I picked that one). Still it was a better username than my first one, Majin Dragoon.

I stuck with it because I couldn't think of anything else (or any other username that I could remember for long periods of time), I tend to go by my unofficial nick name 'Dranz' for short.

Last edited: