• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Palkia was my favorite Pokemon c. 2007.

Now has been replaced by Barbarcale and Simipour. Still one of my favorites. I've always liked Water Pokemon.

Before it got changed though, it was just Will_o_Wisp

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I don't remember if I posted in this thread before, but I'm a big fan of Nintendo games, and 82 was my jersey number for football in high school.

Skydra

"Skydra" was the nickname I gave a Rayquaza I caught in one of my 3rd generation games (can't remember if it was Sapphire or Emerald). Fairly simple combination of "sky" and "dragon" with just the first syllable of the latter.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
The inspiration of my username was when I made my first Pokemon sprite using Arceus and Lucario. After that I made fan fictions of it at school which later became inspiration for my username. Later my new username is going to be HolyNova Lucario because of the inspiration I got from Sting in Fairytail.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
I was a huge fan of shiny Lapras and wanted to get one. Still haven't got it FYI.

! Q

I do what I want!
It combines simplicity and originality. How many peeps do you know with one-letter names? The ! before it is because Q was taken, and if I'm gonna mess it up, might as well make it show up high on the member list. Also, I name myself Q in the games.

Pompykins

friendly placebo
Back in my PC gaming days (which honestly was not that long ago...) I went by "Psychopomp" on Steam. Close friends and even complete strangers would start calling me "Pomp" for short instead, and soon enough it somehow became "Pompykins", seeing as I was the "smallest" person my gaming group. (I'm not that tall and I weight almost nothing at all.) I guess adding a "y" and "kinz" at the end of something was sort of a way of showing endearment??? I do not know, but I was moved by it so I kept the alias.
Thus Pompykins was born.

BeanerMan

Class of 11
It was such a long time ago, but I think it was because I saw that episode of Mind Of Mencia where Carlos creates a superhero that is supposed to be the equivalent of Superman, but a Mexican version( I think) and I thought it was a funny superhero. That's basically the reason I chose BeanerMan.

Sortiariux

Pokémon Wizard
Sortiarius is sorcery in latin. And as I love magic: Magic tricks, Magic: The Gathering, Magical...things. I'm always the ranged DPS/mage in most video games. Magic as a word always had a great ring to it. But when it came to a name, magic was admittedly...a little lame. So the next best thing was sorcery, which lead me to find Sortiarius. But as someone seems to have found the same word to their liking, I simply add the "x" to keep the phonetic of the name. (Plus most things sound a little cooler when you have an X in it.)

Sortiariux

Pokémon Wizard
Pressing my hand on a keyboard and seeing what comes.

I actually did that for my very first name ever. It was taken, I never knew so many people like "asdf" as a name.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Ironicness.

I love the word "Emphatic" because it represents something I am not. It means forceful and clear, and I am rarely either in conversation. But it makes me feel like I am, a little bit...

Plus the word is just cool. Emphasis, ya' know?

Pikachu is because I love Pikachus. XD

Flandre

Fluffy Flareon
Flandre is a character from Touhou, and I was fighting her prior to making an account here and I couldn't think of anything else. Tbh I was really surprised that it wasn't taken.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Before username changes were a thing my name was 'Moogles4ever'. I dunno 13 year old me thought adding a 4ever would be really cool. Moogles are creatures from the Final Fantasy series of video games. They're pretty cute, and the name just sort of stuck with me everywhere so it's hard to imagine me changing it.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Pressing my hand on a keyboard and seeing what comes.
frdyf is what I would have been if I had gone with that...The funny thing is....I have seen names that are worse than that.
Before username changes were a thing my name was 'Moogles4ever'. I dunno 13 year old me thought adding a 4ever would be really cool. Moogles are creatures from the Final Fantasy series of video games. They're pretty cute, and the name just sort of stuck with me everywhere so it's hard to imagine me changing it.
Moogle.png

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I actually did that for my very first name ever. It was taken, I never knew so many people like "asdf" as a name.

frdyf is what I would have been if I had gone with that...The funny thing is....I have seen names that are worse than that.

Moogle.png

Huh, K.

Funny thing is that the first 4 letters of it is what I use often as an alias on other Forums and Games. <_< So much for difference.

I was going to change it this April, but the name stuck too much and decided against it.