• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I honestly can't remember what was the inspiration for me to use Dark Amethyst as it was 7 years ago when I started to use it. As for my new username Ace Kenshader , it's who I usually go by on the internet as it is the name of a character I have been working on for a long time.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Heh, take a wild guess! I think the inspiration for my Username is pretty obvious LOL!

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Oh, it is a long, convoluted tale, but here we go (though I doubt anyone will read this post; much less care)

Long ago, I was known (not on here) as MissNemesisFace. In one of the early volumes of the Hellsing Manga (vol. 1, I think), after remembering how Integra and Alucard met, Integra asks him what he thinks of her. He calls her "Margaret Thatcher" and Seras calls her "Miss Nemesis Face". My friends started calling me that, and it stuck.

Over time, I corrupted it to Nemmeh (my current username).

Finally, it was shortened even further to Nimh (and also as an homage to "The Secret of Nimh", the animated movie, and to The National Institute of Mental Health. Despite the fact that I'm super polite and kind on here; minding my Ps and Qs and all that noise, I am nutty in real life). Gradually, that became "NimhShambler" as both a reference to the aforementioned references for Nimh, but also to a Magic: The Gathering card (though it is spelled "Nim Shambler"). As soon as the name-change thread opens up again (and I can be arsed to get over there), I'll probably change my name to NimhShambler to match everything else.

AtomicStarrHawk

There's a strange story behind my username, so I'll go ahead and explain each specific part.

"Atomic" - This represents my love for scientific elements and anything that ties to atoms.

"Starr" - On another website, I go by "Starry", so therefore, I decided to remove the 'y' (because I think "Starr" looks cooler =P), and then we have Starr.

"Hawk" - I used to be interested in the Warriors series, so a few years ago, I went to the name generator thing on the official website, and my cat's name was set at "Hawkfur". I took "Hawk" and incorporated it into this username.

Maginc

Meme Police
Maginc was my old tumblr url and I think it's still pretty rad.
~so interesting I know~

Estellise

peachy
I named myself after Seles Wilder. I decided to name myself after Seles because of her love for her brother, Zelos (who's my favorite Tales character *Q*). As for my old username (Auaria)... I don't remember what inspired it lol.

Joth

Back from the Dead
Joth is originally from Adventure Time. Jake exclaims: "Oh my Joth!" in one episode. At the time, I was wondering what to name myself in Minecraft. I finally settled on JothTheConquerer. I decided it was awesome, but JothTheConquerer was a mouth full, and hardly ever fit into the allowed spaces for a gamer tag/username, so my go-to name for everything has been Joth.

AznPerson135

I got this username when I used to play minecraft. Obviously Azn stands for Asian,i'm a person and 135 was random.

ArcticWolfl

Eggcellent Breeder
I love Sonata Arctica and the arctic in general, I also like wolfs. The extra L was a typo in my old Gunz username, but I kept it.. =]

Ziggyzig11

Ziggyzig11
For mine it's pretty stupid but I used to be really good at going in zig zag. When I played tag or
Something I always faked the other person out and went zig zag. Some little kid always called
Me ziggyzig, so that's where that came from. The 11 part is my birthday.. So original

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Im a pokemon trainer and Im black simple.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
"Primal" is derived from Primal Dialga from the PMD spin-off series. "Crusader" may seem like a simple noun, but I actually derived that from the Kid Icarus: Uprising weapon, "Crusader Blade", which happens to be one of my best weapons in the game. "V" is simply the letter V, shorthand for Vyle.

On a side note, Vyle was a part of my old username, Specter Vyle. Plus, Grovyle's one of my favorite Grass-types based on aesthetics.

Taylor516

Well now mine seems super bland. I used Taylor because... it's my name... and whenever I decide to use a number I always use 516 because I started dating my fiance on May 16, 2010 (5/16/10) and so it's always super easy to remember as well as short and simple...

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Well, lets break it apart..........
Q-My name is Quinn
Maz-The first three letters in my last name
246-random numbering used by my Dad in his usernames, and as a cheer I used to chant in T-ball (But without 8, that was too long)

PROXIMA_

We'll bang, ok?
Space stuff. I love astronomy and science, namely Biology. Wanted something kinda punny and I found Proxima Centauri. Sounds cool, but I dropped the Centauri part 'coz length.

invaderzoom

It's my roller derby name, which is of course a homage to Invader Zim