• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

Mine's quite obviously after the TV show, which is hella addicting... Kind of upset that the 2-hour season 3 finale is tonight. Oh well. Season 4 is in the fall. :)

Lunar-Kuto

Go on, smile!
Lunar is a username I used back on an old (now defunct) Keroro/Sgt Frog forum. The Kuto part of the name is a nod to my first Orikero, Kutoto ^ ^.

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
Oh boy, prepare for a LOOOOONG story. It started when I went to a Japanese anime-style artwork gallery when I was a kid, and I bought a plush that was called Shacho by Takashi Murakami (amazing artist). I liked it, and a few years later while I was making an account for SPORE (old video game from 2009) I named it Shacho. I then made a race of creatures and named them Shachonians. A year or so later, I decided to make a YouTube channel and named it ShachonianX, because Shacho was taken and I had a race of creatures in SPORE called Shachonians. I've kept that name ever since.

Teebu

It's not very exciting but Tebroc is a semi palindrome of sorts of my surname that one of my teachers in high school called me, Teebu was my friends taking the p**s out of that name. I usually alternate between the two names for online services.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
i really had no idea. I didn't even know I'd use serebii. I saw on google I was searching doujinishi's and the pokeshipping thread showed up, I was reading through it, and I wanted to say something and just leave. I just wanted to make a point. I then chose Pokeshipper, which was taken, so I used random numbers, which happened to be DBZ's famous number: 9000
So, Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z basically inspired me.

AegiSwag

Aegislash has swag. How do I combine the two?

Let's think on that while staring at my username.

Tangeh

When I was twelve years old I wanted to create a new neopets account in order to pretend I was thirteen and therefore be able to use the message boards. I had just started playing the original Animal Crossing for the gamecube, and one of the residents (a cat) was named Tangy. I really liked the name, so I tried to make that my new username. It was taken. I tried tangy_orange, because the cat in question had an orange for a face. That was also taken. So I tried tangy_orange_neon, because neon is bright and orange and idk I guess it fit. xD And ever since then, I've used some form of tangy_orange_neon as every username everywhere I've gone on the internet.

I made this account back in 2008 (I was 15-ish?) , and back then if the username "Tangy" was taken, I'd always use "Tangeh"... because it would be pronounced almost the same, and I am Canadian, eh? ;D Nowadays I usually use "TangyNeonz", after my fanfiction account, "Neonz" (which I named because I was thirteen at the time of creation and thought that "pen name" was another word for "last name", and Neon was my "last name" on the internet... but "Neon" was taken so I added a "z" to the end). My pokemon youtube account is called "LumiNeonz"... hehe. :3

Giratina is my all time favorite poke (ghost and dragon are my favorite types), so I thought of Giratina's signature move, shadow force. Instead of making it look plain, I added the numbers to make it look unique.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Mine's boringly simple. xD

I was looking for my diary key's and then I suddenly forgot EVERYTHING I KNEW. But then I remembered a line from Fire Emblem Awakening where Lissa said: 'Hey, I know what this is! It's amnesia'. >:D

Then I just went with it, lol.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
My Username was done when I was about....5-6 years younger or something. At the time, I simply liked the two words together and that's how I got the name. Now, I realize what it actually means. Requiem is a Mass for the Dead, so in a sense, my name means the obscuring or blocking the Mass for the Dead, which is rather sinister. Who would stop a funeral and stop someone from ascending into heaven? I was a little depressed kid to think of a name like this.

Ninten199X

Showdown! User
My username is inspired by the Mother series of videogames.
Ninten is Mother's protagonist, and 199X is when EarthBound is set.
I use this name everywhere!

Painkiller is the name of my favorite Judas Priest Album
2001 is when the remastered version of the album was released.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm a big fan of Dawn from the anime, and I love Serena's design so I decided to pick something with their names in my username.

zhixun

I'm a big fan of Dawn from the anime, and I love Serena's design so I decided to pick something with their names in my username.

Can I ask you a question about how you know about Serena during 2011? That is the time when you registered. I missed some of the information here.