• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

My original SN, Warrior Scolipede, was a bit of fangirlism over discovering a Bug-type I actually liked. However, when I got to change my SN, I wanted to make it more personal. It consists of three parts to it:

Earth: My general nickname ever since I created my first ever username, Earth_Echidna. I wished I could change that one too, but I merely adapted it into something that appealed less to my alliterative side.

Wolf: Favourite animal and first fursona (I'm a furry, in case you never guessed).

Howl: Wolves howl, plus it was a more personal touch- it is a massive part of a story I'm writing.

Puting all three together gets my username..

FlyingDewott

Sorta-Newbie.
Dewott is the best pokemon ever. Now let's give him balloons and let him join the flock of usernames!

...Okay, so I was in a random mood when I signed up. No biggie.

Ninten199X

Showdown! User
Dewott is the best pokemon ever. Now let's give him balloons and let him join the flock of usernames!

...Okay, so I was in a random mood when I signed up. No biggie.

I love Dewott as well. I use it for NFE (Not Fully Evolved) battles on a certain battle simulator.

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
Well, I absolutely love cats, also known as kitties (in lolspeak, kittehs), and my first one was named Cinder after a book character. So.... I am cinderkitteh.

Moldova

Honour of Kalos
I like Moldova and I am not even Moldavian, I'm English.

ole_schooler

Rocket Grunt
I'm constantly nostalgic for the first gen/mock-haughty about the superiority of the first wave of Pokemon, so I go by old school rules. One who is old school and attempting to be "hip" often slurs their words, hence, ol' schooler, or ole_schooler.

Long story ...
I became member at a Swedish Pokémon forum 2 years ago, brought there by a member called GoldenMagikarp. Growlithe had recently become one of my favorite Pokémon, and it had a nice golden color as shiny.
GoldenGrowlithe was sounding very good, and it's also a alliteration. I like it. To most people, I'm "GG".
I have also found that I resemble a Growlithe quite much, heh.

But here, someone had stolen my name before I registred, so I had to put something first. Now people call me "Swedish" or "Sweden".
MEH. I'm GG, okay?! :p

Last edited:

Skye-42

Let's get Creative~
My username is based off my middle name, which is Skye. 42 is one of my favourite numbers, and is also a reference to A Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy as 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. Put the two together and BAM! You have yourself a somewhat decent username.
Also, the reason for their being a hyphen between the two is because of my DeviantART account. When I signed up, someone already had the username Skye42, so I then changed it to Skye-42. Depending on the site, depends how I write it.

...Fun fact, I used to called Derp-a-licious on Steam because I'm just so Derpy... Good thing you can change your name on Steam...

Used to be friends with intense internet lurkers and had a specific friend who would always use the name "Doublesget" whenever we'd play some online browser game. The name is literally just me mocking him.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
My name is something I kinda just made up. I wanted to do something kinda Infernape-y, and because in real life my name is my full name put together. (1st initial: S 2nd initial: K 3rd Initial: I = SKI) So, I wanted to have a username like that. King Infernape the Third didn't fit, I think, so I put III. In hindsight I should have put 3rd.