• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

PrincessAbsol

Umbreon is my favorite Pokémon, and the first shiny I ever hatched using the Masuda Method was an Adamant Eevee in HeartGold, which I abruptly nicknamed Prince and raised to level 100. Even though I already had a level 100 Umbreon. xD

We may be legally obligated to marry now.

xEryChan

Demon Child
It came from a nickname a friend of mine gave me. My name is Erin but she gave the nickname Ery and I just loved it so that's where it came from.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
My username stems from a train of thought I had one day where something made me think "Run Away". I was thinking about words to replace "Run"..("Step Away", "Dash Away" "Moonwalk Away") Until I thought up "Trot" on a whim. At that point "Trot Away" just stuck! And since then i used it for my Serebii Username.

My childhood nickname was Canman because my name is Canyon, and I was born on the 22nd of December, so I use this username for a lot of things.

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
One of the superheroes killed by the Omnidroid in"The Incredibles" (awesome movie) was named Macroburst, so I changed burst to boom and that was it.

Soberheartless

At the time those were my favorite songs so I put em together, Pink's Sober and Kanye's Heartless

Virgofall

A username I had (and at times still use) on some other locations is "Leorise" (somewhat random, but turns out I'm apparently a Leo rising sign, guess it fits that way in retrospect) so my best friend joked about naming something "Virgofall" in turn. I needed a new username for something I was doing. Said friend's reply? "Virgofall np." It stuck. It probably helps that it's not so easy to confuse for masculine (as I was oft-called just "Leo" for short and as an MMO enthusiast...) and I'm actually a Virgo (Sun) sign.

-Raiga-

Coming off the heels of my not so original name, "MasterLugia", I wanted something cool, that I should be able to use on any forum, and that's short too! Lo and behold, however many years later, I've still yet to see the name in too many places.(some guy from the Naruto anime series has the name, but that's all I've run into)

Chianti

4 / 9 / 2014
On one of the games I used to play, you were able to have cats as companions for your horses. This cat in particular was a orange tabby. I've never been very good with names, so I proceeded to look up names for orange tabbies, and Chianti was one of them. I don't drink wine, but I thought the name was really interesting. I personally pronounce it "Chee-anti" even though it is pronounced "Key-aunt-ie" just to had a little unique twist on it. When Chianti is taken, I just stick an 'x' on the end because it is my favorite letter.

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
a lot of people think mine has to do with league of legends, I actually had it before then. I had a knack for always saying stupid things as a kid that made my friends laugh online so originally on a site I wanted my name to be "lolsguy" but it was taken so as i backspaced i was left with "lolsg" so I just added the "od" and there it is. Man I was a cocky kid.

Sable-Xeno

Almighty Idiot
My username, you ask?

Well, the "Sable" part comes from a fan character I made up, which I've been using as an "Avatar" as sorts, for a while now.

The "Xeno" comes from my love of Xenoblade Chronicles.

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
When I was younger, my parents and friends called me a "Pokemon Princess" because I was like the only girl in the family that understood pokemon. The 'Xx' parts came from when I had a boyfriend that I played Gaia online and it was part of his name and I thought it made the name PokemonPrincess look cooler.

INeedScizor!61!

Pokéthuselah
I used something cheesy ("I need scissors! 61!") and gave it a little twist. I also wanted to use a name completely unrelated to my self.