• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the inspiration for your username?

Peridomic

Trainor/Performer
I'm obsessed with Steven Universe and I created and my OC Peridot. Then I added part of my name to the end and took off the t. So now it's my go to user name. :)

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
My inspiration was.... Blaziken. :)

More love for blaziken yay!

funny thing, i didn't even know what blaze it meant or that it was so popular on the internet so blaze comes from blaziken, which is not my favorite pokemon but it's in the top 3. My first name is Eduardo so there you have it. It's also interesting that thanks to serebii i found a nick that i like and i adopted it since then, to use anywhere. thank you very much serebii, you are the best :).

I'm horrifically bad at the competitive Pokemon realm, so me and a few other buddies came to the conclusion I was simply 'over nerfed'. And not just terrible. Not at all.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
A long time ago when I first registered I was 14 and my brother made my account and his screen name was Asmoday, which is completely based off this.

Ive made many different usernames on many different websites throughout the years, but I never got around to changing this one

SableVulpi

Here To Review
Combination of Sableye and Vulpine for me. Sableye being a reference to a favorite character of mine I created and Vulpine being a reference to the Zorua character I also created. Though, Sable could also represent "darkness", which would mean Darkness Fox, which is what Zorua are.

PikaEevee

I think I made this account in 2011/2012, when my favorite Pokemon was Eevee. Since it was taken, I added "Pika" in front of it. It's really stupid, but I can't find out how to change my name, so I'm stuck with it. :p

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
The main inspiration for my username was the sole reason that it sounded cool and that I love Lucario.....that's about it really.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
In my heart I will always be the most Radical 80s kid ever.

The "Daya" part is just because that's even more, like, radical, man.

Penguinist Trainer

The inspiration for my User name comes from a number of different places. First, for anyone who has played Tales of Symphonia, there is a tribe of people known as the Penguinists who basically wear giant penguin suits to protect them from the cold environment. Secondly, for those who have played the Pokemon Battle Revolution game, I enjoyed the idea of trainers dressing up as their favorite Pokemon. When Gen IV came out, naturally I thought the Penguin trio were the coolest Pokemon ever, so if I were a legitimate Pokemon Trainer, I'd probably end up being a Penguinist Trainer.