• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the saddest scene in the anime in your opinion?

DuskAstral

For me it was a farewell to Arbok and Weezing.
It's immediately clear that both Pokémon and Team Rocket don't want to part ways.
The scene where these Pokémon watch their trainers pick up the punches from Tyranitar (to give them more time to escape) and then leave with tears in their eyes makes me feel like crying too.

Litten dreaming of Stoutland and it disappearing, and then Litten crying out in the rain.
Ash-Greninja loosing to Alain’s Charizard in the Kalos League.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Ash releasing butterfree, Ash dying in M1, Stoutland’s death, Mallow’s backstory with her mother
This is almost my entire list…but I have to add one more: Jessie releasing Dustox in DP

Spyro39

- Ash attempting to release Pikachu but Pikachu refuses to leave him
- When May learned of a Pokemon Breeder's husband that tragically passed away only to then travel back in time to prevent that tragedy
- May's last appearance in DP (and knowing she may never return again because of her VA)
- Paul releasing Chimchar and Ash taking him in his care
- Ash's depression after a crushing defeat from Paul at Lake Acquity
- Stoutland's death
- Mallow's reunion with her late mother and tearfully apologizing

End of XYZ

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
The end of Diamond & Pearl was a very bittersweet - marked the end of an era.

This is probably the most emotional piece of music in the entire anime for me. Shame there doesn't seem to be any official version of it available.

This is up there for me

Bye bye butterfree and Pikachu’s goodbye are ones I remember being very upset over as a little boy. Got a vivid memory of Pikachus goodbye where I was up my granddads house watching it, had a 90s Pikachu lollipop and just feeling really depressed thinking Pikachu was going.

The original goodbye of Ash, Misty and Brock too.

One scene doesn’t make me sad, but do get goosebumps and remember welling up a little was Dawn handing her Moms ribbon back to her after coming 2nd in the grand festival, it was a pivotal moment and the score playing helps too.

raichu27

Jessie and James leaving Arbok & Weezing, since it's been their first Pokemon. Would love to see them reunite, too. They were such a perfect team.

Ash releasing Butterfree, Pidgeot, Goodra, and Greninja come to mind, too. Ash releasing his Charizard at one point, too.

Stoutland and Mallow's mom dying, too.

Tommy accidentally releasing his Marshtomp and Clemont with Shinx come to mind, too.

Ash's Chimchar, Gengar, Tepig, and Charmander being released before they became his Pokemon.

Dawn leaving in the BW series.

Those are the ones that come to mind.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Butterfree's farewell was quite sad. I don't remember if I cried when he left the cast, but I do remember it being one of the first truly emotional scenes that I watched in the anime. And if we're counting sad scenes from the movies, then Ai [Amber] Fuji's death was also very sad. Even though she was simply a clone, the fact that Mewtwo's memories of her were erased made her death even more depressing.