• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the very 1st Pokemon that you've known?

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
I guess it was Ho-oh because it was on the box of pokémon Gold, then Totodile

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Well... The only thing I remember is seeing Pikachu then getting the original Red. If I can remember anything else than I'll post again.

card986

probably pikachu since i saw the first episode of pokemon but havent been playing games till fire red

RolinRuff

I'd have to say Squirtle it was the episode where he was wearing the Glasses and stuff with the other Squirtles.

Cobalt_Latios

This may sound quite bizarre, but Sandshrew was the first one that I was made aware of. I'm sure Pikachu was even before that, but I seem to recall it more. Maybe it's because Sandshrew is more or less based on a Pangolin, and I happened to be a fan of the various obscure animals that people didn't know at the time.

Pretty sure.

On that note, kind of weird how it took us another 4 gens before we got ourselves an Anteater.

C_L

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
The First pokemon that showed up in the anime that's when I first started to know pokemon.

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
Theirs pokemon I knew were charmander,bulbasaur,and squirtle because I played Red Version before I watched the anime

DoleWhip

Caterpie and Clefairy. My mom gave me a pack of the original pokemon trading cards; Caterpie was the first card I saw, and Clefairy was my first holographic card, so both stand out to me.

The first pokemon I started with was Charmander.

halloweenghost

pikachu the first time i heard of pokemon was like in 1997 before it came to america it was in game magazine i was reading and it had a pic of ash misty and brock with pikachu and the title was: Pokemon comes to America! and it had an artical about it.

the second experinces of pokemon was seeing it on tv about the seizures.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
The two pokemon that introduced me were Weedle and Squirtle. I remember the day so clearly ^^ we were at my friend's house, who lived across the road, and he offered me and my brother two of his three pokemon cards. He showed us Squirtle and Weedle, (the ones with squirtle using bubble on a rock and weedle on a branch) and I chose Squirtle, as it was obviously better :D
Squirtle was the first pokemon I owned as well.

Gligar. Weird, I know.

Does anyone else remember those pokemon tazzos you used to be able to get in packets of crisps? Once my dads friend was eating a packet of crisps and he chucked me the tazzo from it. It looked so awsome, I had to work out what it was. One thing led to another, and here I am, still posting on serebii.

ZeroTrouble

You Looking At Me?
Squirtle- Dont know why though

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I think it would most likely have been Pikachu. I and my little brother used to go to my cousin's place frequently. Back in 1998 or 1999, one day I saw my brother and cousin were watching some cartoon show. I took a sneak peek, and I saw it was a cartoon show with a little yellow rodent in it. I didn't know what the show was, but soon I had been introduced to Pokemon and its star Pokemon Pikachu. I never looked back after that, since I'm still in the fandom.

I didn't start playing any Pokemon games until FireRed though. Yeah I know it's weird XD

Last edited:

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
i have no idea, maybe geodud or pidgey or rattata...
but pikachu seems the more logical one

yoshi1990

Yoshi Trainer
Pikachu from the first episode of pokemon.

Aquanova

Pikachu from the first episode of pokemon.

My first time seing anything Pokemon related was the first Pokemon Red and Blue commercial, and the first pokemon appearing to the commecial was Pikachu, so Pikachu was the first Pokemon I ever saw