• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the very 1st Pokemon that you've known?

Cecil :D

haha, i think mine was a Caterpie, then a Mankey, then Mew. Kinda random, but i have always liked those three from when i started liking Pokemon.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
the first pokemon i knew about is probably Charmander. i cant really remember, i was 7 when i got into pokemon.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I think it was either Nidorino or Charmander for me.

Mine was Piakchu, follweed by the 3 starters and brock's pokemon and so on...

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
Tied between Nidorino and Gengar when I first saw Pokemon on my friends gbc

Karpi

Forever a pirate
I got Magnemite in a Burger King / McDonalds meal (don't rememe which) and my brother got Arcanine at the same time... It was one of those spinny top things.

It also came with a list of all the other toys so we were like "Ooh there's 20 different pokemon!"

THOSE were the days haha

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Well, mine was Pikachu.

While watching TV, there was a scene where they showed the Pikachu, who appeared during some kind of advertisement.

Though, I don't really remember what was the advert about and what message it was trying to say.

pokenutter

Warrior of Time
Pikachu, without a doubt. Jigglypuff not long afterward.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
It was Squirtle, Charmander, and Pikachu for me. The first Pokemon episode I saw on TV was the SS. Anne one, and I remember those trainers talking about their Pokemon. :)

My mom got me Pokemon Blue several months later. :D

Crobat51

Gentlemen!!!
Pikachu, because this little electric mouse is shown everywhere in the pokemon franchise thanks to Ash

Legendary Dreams

OMG I can't remember!

I don't even remember whether I played the core game, card game or watched the anime first.

But the earliest memory that serves me correctly with a distinct pokemon is the core game, and that would be Blastoise on the cover of Pokemon Blue.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Dratini.
or at least I think it was Dratini, it may have been Dragonair though :/

Sprintking

On one of the opposite advertisment pages, I saw these two boys with the old grey gamebricks trading these little creatures back and forth. There were other Pokemon there, but Hitmonlee is the one who caught my attention, and the only one I remember in that advert.

The one where they pokemon are hanging onto the link cable? I remember Alakazam in that one too.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
The first Pokémon I ever saw was Dratini. A friend of mine brought its TCG card from the Base Set into school in year two shortly before Pokémon really took off in my age bracket. We were all very intrigued by it.

DarkMagicianGirl17

Ace Trainer Diana
I'm pretty sure it was either Pikachu or Togepi. Or Bulbasaur...one of those first Gen ones. I joined the fandom of late 3rd Gen, but had been watching the Orange Seasons on video with my brother out of boredom, so I knew only those iconic ones at first.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Mine was pikachu. I remember those days where the game boy was new, and you could rent video games. I remember my brother playing pokemon yellow in Celadon city with pikachu behind him. Then I think he had to return it. So long ago...