• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the very 1st Pokemon that you've known?

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
I remember first seeing Moltres, Zapdos, or Charizard. They're all filled with awesomeness.

Braviator

One of my first and fondest memories of Pokémon was a Bellsprout card from the Jungle set. I put it in a clear protector too. I collected cards before I got my Gold version, and that was one I remember. Kinda lame I guess, but we all start from somewhere.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I think mine was Pikachu. All I remember from my pre-Pokémon life was Pokémon being that thing with the Pikachu. So I think it was the Mouse Pokémon :)

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I think it was my cyndaquil from good ol' gold version.

AmpharosFanatic

99% sure it was Blastoise since one was on the box cover of Blue which is the game I wanted/recieved since I liked the color Blue over Red(dumb kid reasoning I know)....maybe Pikachu even earlier but I doubt it.

Dusknoirdude23

*generic countdown*
Pretty sure it was Squirtle when I saw some guy playing R/B/Y and using it. Then the classic Nidorino, Gengar and Pikachu from anime ep 1

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
EITHER Butterfree or onix

this is when i first heard of pokemon

my mom put a random programe on witch was pokemon

it was the buterfree scene ....and thats it

onix is where my brother persuaded me to leik it

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
I might have been Charizard but I don't remember buying the game before I knew the Anime series. I could also have been Mewtwo or Pikachu.

anjell

The first pokemon i knew was pidgey. I was volunteering some where. one of the other kids i was with was playing a game. He let me try it out wile he was telling me what the game was. A pidgey appeared and he told me how to catch it. After when i got my own game he gave me the same pidgey i caught and i still have it on my old blue game to this day. So one can say pidgey was the first pokemon i ever got and i had it before i even had the game.

Aggron459

Aron Is Beast
Mine was either ;025; or ;001;, i cant remember...

Aquarelle

Staff member
I think the first Pokemon I saw was Mewtwo in the first english opening, but the first one I knew by appearance and name was Charmander.

VioletMantis

Tranced Out
Ironically the first I knew was Bulbasaur. I was at preschool and someone had those lunchables with these cutout little cards and Bulbasaur was the first one I saw. It's one of those memories that I'm sure it happened but at the same time is very blurry. The first I clearly remember was Starmie. My friend had some cards and got me into it.

Evil Quagsire

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny
Weirdly, Kangaskhan is the earliest I remember seeing. The reason is that my earliest encounter with Pokemon was winning a Jungle booster pack of Pokemon cards at one of those stupid fishing games at a carnival. I don't remember what else was in the pack, but I remember thinking Kangaskhan was just the coolest creature.