• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your favorite 4th Gen game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
This is a toughy!

I'd have to say for the main series, Pokémon Pearl Version. So much nostalgia is packed in that game and it has some of my favorite Pokémon!
And for spin-offs, I will say Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky/Darkness (Never owned Time).

classic myth

Gen One Veteran
SS, I have to admit that the 2nd gen wasn't my favorite but ss was fantastic!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Pokemon Platinum. It made me love generation 4. I love almost everything about it.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Soul Silver. So much great content, on top of bringing back one of my favorite regions...

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Pokémon Diamond.

Ah, I remember playing it so much back in the day, I don't play it much now, but I am interested in getting back to playing it though. It's truly an awesome game. :-D

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Platinum is my favorite. I love the challenge of the Reverse World, I like getting to rebattle trainers in that one place, and the graphics are better. I also enjoy HeartGold and SoulSilver immensely.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
HeartGold, I enjoyed having your Pokemon follow you and the Pokeathlon was an entertaining sidequest.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
HeartGold for me, it was a cool game. Lots of legendaries to hunt after one at a time, going to Kanto, revisiting the GSC games. You also had the Gen 3 and 4 Pokemon in it, which made it cooler. You could actually attempt to complete the national dex without pal parking too much.

psychomaniac

Heartgold. So much to do: pokeathlon, Kanto :D, gym leaders rematches and Johto is my fav region so....Seond is Platinum bcs you get your own villa at the end, pkm contests are also interesting...

SoulSilver Eric

SoulSilver. Nostalgia, and alot of content. Also your pokemon walking behind you is so great.

HMSSparky

Team Rocket Trainee
Pearl all the way. Aside from it being my first game, Palkia is my second favourite legandary and I would have said Platinum but it didn't have the slot machines in the game corner in Veilstone City and I can spend hours on them. There only being two fire type families in the whole Pokedex wasn't great but Ponyta/Rapidash were all I needed. I did like HeartGold (despite not yet completing it) but the horrendous level curve really brought it down for me. So Pearl absolutely.

MrMixer28

I have Heartgold and Diamond, and I love them both! Probably Diamond a little bit more (I'm still playing the Heartgold I bought off of Amazon) but I think I would really like Heartgold if I got a little bit farther.

HeartGold and SoulSilver: so far, Gen 4 is my least favorite Generation of Pokemon to date, though, so that's not saying much.

Orithan

Diamond is my favorite in Gen IV and my favorite in the series as a whole. While it not without it's problems, like the low Fire type count and the plot devices used to block off Celestic town and Sunnyshore City, Sinnoh felt the best designed and had a great array of extra features like the Underground (which seems to have been the precursor to Entralink). Bear in mind that I haven't played Platinum, which probably means that it even better than Diamond.
PMD: Explorers of the Sky came close for me. It added onto the already great EOT/EOD with a whole host of features that actually worked like the Smoothie Bar and the lottery. I had several complaints, most of which are related to general aspects of rougelikes.
HG/SS are very overrated in my opinion. Johto felt very weak compared to the other regions and the Kanto postgame which it relied on felt very lazily done as a whole. Them and the originals are easily the worst games I've played in the series save B2/W2.

AshBui

Banned
Pokemon Platinum is probably my favorite 4th generation game with Heartgold/Soulsilver close behind. I like the new additions that came with Platinum. Platinum was also the Pokemon game that got me back to playing Pokemon after not playing for a few years, so I do have a soft spot for it.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky. That game took me by surprise. Since it wasn't one of the main RPGs I didn't have very high expectations of it, but it turned out to be pretty awesome. Also, that ending was way too sad (in a good way)...

Platinum was a disappointment to me with slow combat, the worst OST in Pokémon yet, and so few newcomers that I liked.
SoulSilver was quite alright, but nothing more than a remake of an old game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.