• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your favorite game from Nintendo's Digital Event?

What is your favorite game from Nintendo's Digital Event?

• Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival

• Genei Ibun Roku #FE

• Metroid Prime: Federation Force

• Total voters

Torpoleon

So, E3 has come and gone. Nintendo's Digital Event had some surprises, both good and bad, as well as information on games we already knew about.

For me, I really liked Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. I'm a big fan of the M&L series and also enjoyed Paper Mario, so this was a really nice surprise. While it would be nice to have a real Paper Mario game on Wii U or have this game on Wii U, it isn't surprising that it is on 3DS because they can easily reuse assets from Sticker Star & Dream Team.

I also liked what I saw from the likes of Star Fox Zero, Super Mario Maker & Zelda: Tri Force Heroes. Seeing Fire Emblem if"s US name was nice too, though I don't think we got a lot of new info on that game here (I do wish they would give at least a release month).

The game I didn't like was Metroid Prime: Federation Force. I really wanted Prime 4 on Wii U, but instead we get a spin-off on 3DS. I'm going to be optimistic and say that the Prime Trilogy on Wii U VC and this game on 3DS is setting up for Prime 4 on NX.

I also didn't like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. We have a Mario Tennis game on 3DS and I thought it was just an average game. Meanwhile it's been a while since a Mario Baseball or Mario Strikers game. I really wanted a game from one of those series, specifically the former.

The rest I'm relatively indifferent towards.

So, what was your favorite game (and least favorite) from the Digital Event?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam since I really like the Mario and Luigi series.

The game seems more focused on Mario and Luigi than Paper Mario, but all of Mario and Luigi's quirks are still in.

Paper Luigi :<

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Star Fox Zero looks excellent; PlatinumGames is a great partner for this type of game, and the elements from Star Fox 2 do a lot to evolve the gameplay. I wouldn't be shocked if it got delayed and Xenoblade X got pushed up a week, though.

The only other game I really care that much about is XCX, which is its... third E3 appearance now? Fatal Frame V, Devil's Third, Runbow, and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon all look decent, but of course, they weren't in the Digital Event (they've gotta spend their valuable time on amiibo tie-ins, developers yammering on about games we know about, and people singing).

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I'm going to say that Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam was my favorite. I'm a big fan of both the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario games so seeing them combine the two like this has me excited. I'm also looking forward to Star Fox Zero. I'm also on the fence about Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes and Metroid Prime: Federation Force, but that's mostly because they look to be mainly multiplayer games and I don't have anyone to play with, though I am a fan of the Super Smash Bros. series.

On another note, what does everyone think of Genei Ibun Roku #FE, i.e. the "Shin Megami Tensei" (more like Person from what I've heard)/Fire Emblem crosover? I've gone onto some other websites and have seen that some Shin Megami Tensei fans are not too happy about it, though I haven't heard much from Fire Emblem fans. I haven't played the Shin Megami Tensei games much, so I don't know what I would have expected from that side of the crossover, but I have played Fire Emblem Awakening and I really liked it. As for this game, me, personally, I hate singing and don't particularly like idol stuff very much, so that's a mark against it for me. Still, I'm reserving final judgment until I see more of the game. What do you all think of it?

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
tbh Fire Emblem was the only thing that extremely interested me out of the ones up there.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Starfox Zero.

Though Fire Emblem looks pretty decent.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Without a single doubt, Mario Maker. I have always wanted to make my own Mario games. I remember as a child searching the internet for a Mario level maker, but I could never fund one that worked. Now I actually have the opportunity. It is literally a dream come true. Back when they first announced Mario Maker last year, it was so limited, but I was still excited. Now that they have expanded it so much and removed almost all of the limitations, I just can't wait. In a lot of ways, I'm actually more excited for this game than I was for Smash Bros. or Omega Ruby.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Darn, I didn't notice Mario Maker on the list when I voted. That was definitely an interesting game, especially for me as a writer. I can finally make my very own Mario level where I can fight Bowser where Bowser is actually being supported by his minions.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
To be honest, I have three favorite games from this E3 2015 Direct, Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, Hyrule Warriors Legends and Super Mario Maker. But since I don't have a Wii U and I don't see me get one with this whole NX stuff, I will settle with Tri Force Heroes, which looks really entertaining.

I was surprised we got a Mario and Luigi game, and especially a crossover with the Paper Mario series. As a Mario and Luigi fan, this game is a must-get.

Hyrule Warriors Legends is another game on my wishlist, mainly because I don't have a Wii U and want that Zelda (no offense, she's HOT in that game). Hopefully the DLC costumes are included in the game.

Regarding Federation Force, I don't really get the hatred against it. Yes, it may not be the Metroid game everyone was waiting for 5 years now, but hey, be grateful we got SOMETHING. Gameplay wise, it seems good, waiting for plot details to determine whether it's worth the purchase or not.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam is the game which most appealed to me, although to be honest I know that Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer will also probably be a fairly fun game to play as well (although I notice it isn't actually on the poll).

I probably should be more excited for Tri Force Heroes than I am, but everythig about it just seems to scream stopgap.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam
I like both series so I'm super excited for this game.

Star Fox Zero looks good too, I never got into the series but I'm going to try with this.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Regarding Federation Force, I don't really get the hatred against it. Yes, it may not be the Metroid game everyone was waiting for 5 years now, but hey, be grateful we got SOMETHING. Gameplay wise, it seems good, waiting for plot details to determine whether it's worth the purchase or not.

It's mainly just people who are upset about not getting a true Metroid game. If this game where to be released alongside Metroid Prime 4, or even a new traditional Metroid game, people wouldn't be nearly as upset, in fact, they might just like the idea. In all honesty, it is a bad move, as you really shouldn't be releasing a sin-off to a series that's been dead for four years, but you're right, at least it's something. As far as my opinion goes, as much as I love Metroid Prime, I personally am not interested in this game as it just looks like a first-person shooter, without any of the Metroid elements. I loved the Prime games, but because of the adventure, not the first-person shooter aspect. I actually normally hate first-person shooters, Metroid Prime is the one exception I made.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
It's mainly just people who are upset about not getting a true Metroid game. If this game where to be released alongside Metroid Prime 4, or even a new traditional Metroid game, people wouldn't be nearly as upset, in fact, they might just like the idea. In all honesty, it is a bad move, as you really shouldn't be releasing a sin-off to a series that's been dead for four years, but you're right, at least it's something. As far as my opinion goes, as much as I love Metroid Prime, I personally am not interested in this game as it just looks like a first-person shooter, without any of the Metroid elements. I loved the Prime games, but because of the adventure, not the first-person shooter aspect. I actually normally hate first-person shooters, Metroid Prime is the one exception I made.

The problem with FF is actually the fans, not Nintendo. They pleaded the big N for a new Metroid for years now, so the company, since they didn't have a Metroid game in development, and with the situation worsening each year that passes, they decided to make this game to shut them up, while still trying to think what to do with the franchise. But it didn't have the results they wanted, the game was met with as much negativity as one can afford from them, so they must be at a difficult position right now. And the series isn't that much better either - Sakamoto left and it's unknown when he will return for another new Metroid game (or IF he returns at all), nobody wants to clean up the mess Other M created, so this leaves the Prime series as the only possible source for future Metroid games for now. Tanabe, the producer of the Prime series obviously wants to continue the series past Corruption and already has some neat ideas on his sleeve, but it appears he's out of luck on creating a Metroid Prime as spectacular as the other three for the Wii U, thanks to no available team and resources to do it. So we have FF instead, while trying to fix that problem. But the real problem is this: Other M didn't do good in sales, which caused the series to go on a hiatus for five years now. If this game bombs (which is possible thanks to all the negativity around it), this may be the end of Metroid for sure and then fans will be angry again. So the solution is this: either Nintendo must begin development on a new proper Metroid game this instant to fix what they can, or fans must mature and stop being crybabies. I just hope the game does well, it deserves it since it comes from a very good developer studio and it would be a shame for them if it bombed.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Paper Jam looks like another good installment in the series, and the only other games that I'm even somewhat interested in are SFZ and SMM.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The problem with FF is actually the fans, not Nintendo.

I didn't mean put to put the blame on Nintendo. I fully agree that the problem is the fans.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Super Mario Maker. I'm might not get it at launch. But I will get it later on. I can't wait to make some levels. As well trying other people's levels.

Don't forget the 8 bit nintendo characters with the amiibo support!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Eh, the only games from the Digital Event I actually plan on getting soon after their release we have known about since long before the Event.
Yoshi's Wooly World and Super Mario Maker.
I may investigate a few of the others, but none of them look particularly like a day one buy for me.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord