• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your favorite new Type introduced in G/S/C?

Favorit New Type?

• Dark

Votes: 95 63.8%
  • Steel

Votes: 54 36.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForteAnly

Definitely Dark. I always used a Umbreon in my game because of the new dark type.

caligirl

Dark definitely! Something I've been wondering for the longest time... why are ghost types weak against dark? Makes no sense!

Ivysaurus

ONYXceptable
I got to say Steel, So heavy, Shiney, and powerful, how can you say no to a Stelix or a Sizor?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Steel. I think it was my favorite new type. And the steel pokemon are stronger.

MasterMan

Dark, because Umbreon is a damn beast. Without Dark types, Psychics would still be probably the most feared type. Steel is also good, due to its many resistances, and Scizor :D

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
Dark! I like Steelix and Skarmory, but no better than Umbreon, Houndour and Tyranitar!

Habibi

Steel. They are so awesome, I don't know why I like them so much. I had Steelix, Scizor and Forretress.

I'm not sure if I have a favorite, I liked them both. Steelix and Scizor are awesome, but so are Umbreon, Murkrow and Houndoom.

Wolfangs

Pokemon Breeder
Dark for sure I do not care for steel types that much only one I care for is scizor thats about it so ya dark ftw.

Dark types had a greater influence on the game, like what was said above, it gave many of the strongest types something to worry about. Without this type, Ghosts and Psychics would be even more dominant, and maybe even too dominant. However, there aren't many amazing Dark type moves in my opinion (a lot of so-so moves below 100 damage), and Steel is the best defensive type, as so much is weak against. Plus Scizor is insane.

Dark types had a greater influence on the game, like what was said above, it gave many of the strongest types something to worry about. Without this type, Ghosts and Psychics would be even more dominant, and maybe even too dominant. However, there aren't many amazing Dark type moves in my opinion (a lot of so-so moves below 100 damage), and Steel is the best defensive type, as so much is weak against. Plus Scizor is insane.

DARK!
hands down.