• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your favorite new Type introduced in G/S/C?

Favorit New Type?

• Dark

Votes: 95 63.8%
  • Steel

Votes: 54 36.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
Definitely Dark-type.

Think about Umbreon, Absol, Honchkrow, even Darkrai!

I'm not a huge fan of Steel-types.

I love both types. But, my vote goes to the Steel Type. I'm doing a Steel Monotype Challenge in my Pearl, and I was listing possible movesets off of this website, it was love at first sight, I guess. :p

PokeTrainerEX

I'm going with Dark Type because Umbreon is my favorite dark pokemon along with others such as houndoom. I like Steel types as well such as scizor.

Kyukon_Mars

Dark, because I love Umbreon, Sneasel, and Absol. Also because they gave Psychic another weakness besides Ghost and Bug, which they didn't have much of in Generation I anyway, and Ghost another weakness besides its own type. I like Steel types too but I prefer Dark types.

Cryptic Blaze

Blinded by the light
My favorite is Dark because my favorite pokemon is Honchkrow and it is just an awesome type.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Dark is my favorite. I also like the second, Steel type.

The Dark pokemon were much better.. this is my second favorite type after Water^^

Steel is so much better. I never liked Dark.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Gonna have to go with dark on this.

ForteAnly

Dark was my favorite back then even though Steel is better.

KeshanAmare

The Dark Shadow
My favourite is the Steel type.

Kojinka

An Inside Joke
I like the Dark

I_Lost_The_Game

Scyther > Scizor
Dark has Dark/Ghost which has no super effective weakness.

But Steel has Bastiodon, so I like Steel.

DamienGoldfish

<--Shiny Ono is Epic
I prefer Dark over Steel.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I always thought Steel was more creative than Dark.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Steel, probably because I liked its designs better at the time.

That probably still holds true today, only because of what steel has produced since its introduction. Both of them might as well have been defensive types in GSC, Houndoom and Tyranitar's Crunches aside.