• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your favorite new Type introduced in G/S/C?

Favorit New Type?

• Dark

Votes: 95 63.8%
  • Steel

Votes: 54 36.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Dark, since it seems more interesting than steel. Steel is too similar to Rock in my opinion.

GengarsRevenge

I kind of liked steel better, though I liked them both.

7 tyranitars

darkkkk :) wins all :p

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
I love steel types! =D

Both are awesome, but dark just takes the cake. I'm still upset that there's no dark gym leader yet...

heatran_ran

Lost in Ilex Forest
Dark types looked badass... at the time. Until freaking stunky came along in 4th gen and dishonored them.

Celest M.

Celestial Mistress~
Steel, because of Steelix, and Steven Stone. Neither would exist if there was no Steel type. And that would not be cool. D;

Saga

Beginning Trainer
The poll is closed, but I'd add another vote for Dark here.

Dark is not only cool but useful, both in type-advantages, but also available moves and Pokémon.

Steel, so far, seems pointless to me. It's similar to Rock, with a focus on defense, and low speed... not very useful for me, overall. The Pokémon and moves of this type aren't that great either, with minor exceptions (the Aron line comes to mind).

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Dark type because there have to be certain pokemon who are the pioneers of night's qualities

Mr. Sandman

Not just anybody!
Steel. Steelix, Skarmory, Scizor, Jirachi, Metagross, Empoleon, Lucario, Magneton, Heatran... All awesome Pokemon, brought to us by Steel type.