1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was your favourite story moment in HGSSC or DPPT?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by X..., Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X...

X... ...?Mountain Dweller

Simple as that... I liked the end of the Pokemon league in HGSSC

2. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

From D/P/P, it would have to be the final showdown at Spear Pillar in D/P, or the Distortion World in Platinum. Those were really awesome moments in those games when it comes to the story. But I also really liked the part at the Canalave Library as well as climbing Mt. Coronet for the first time.

From HG/SS, I have to go with the moment when you summon Ho-Oh at the top of the Bell Tower in HeartGold. I wasn't very fond of the story in those games and there weren't as many memorable moments for me in them as in an average Pokemon game, but this moment was one of the few ones I really liked so I'm going with it.

3. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

From DPPT mines would be the tag battle with barry at spear pillar and traveling the distortion world.

From HGSS it would have to be the tag battle with silver and the final battle with red.

4. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

Show down at Spear Pillar where Dialga and Palkia are summon plus Giratina showing up was great.

5. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

DPPt: For DP, I'll pick climbing up Mt. Coronet to the Spear Pillar - one of the biggest memories I have of playing through Pearl back in 2007.
    Platinum, that game had my favourite story in the series, so I'll just say every moment. I remember playing through the Japanese version during this long weekend where I had 5 days off of school and being so impressed with all the changes to the main game (even if I couldn't understand the text lol). I called those 5 days my "magical weekend" because of the joy I felt when playing the game. When I got the English version, the story was even more magical to me, so I loved every part.

HGSS: The scene in SoulSilver (the version I played first) where Lugia emerges from the waterfall. That was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen in the Pokemon games - definitely a "OMG wow!!" moment for me.

6. From Platinum (since that's the one of the three games I played), it would have to be, like others have said, when you're climbing Mt. Coronet that last time to get to Spear Pillar for your last showdown against Team Galactic.

From Soulsilver, it would be climbing Mt. Silver to have your battle against Red, even though I never bothered to battle him the first time until much, much later (as in five years later)

7. SuicuneMei

SuicuneMei hiii

In pearl it would be going to the spear pillar, and for HeartGold, finally battling Ho-Oh, it took me along time but i made many memories!

8. Kennith

Kennith Banned

Confrontation at Spear Pillar and go on the ship to Kanto is my favorite moments.

9. T.W.I.

T.W.I. Undercover Rocket

Catching Ho-Oh the first time in HGSS is a memory that always stuck (level 70 in ss).

I remember starting in the early morning (maybe like 3 amish) using dusk balls. When it finally stayed in the ball it was bright outside.

10. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

In Platinum, exploring Distortion World and encountering Giratina was amazing. However, I also have fond memories of meeting Barry, Dawn/Lucas and Prof. Rowan in Canalave library and climbing Mt. Coronet in the snow. In D/P, the battle against Dialga/Palkia was the most memorable story moment.
    For HG/SS, my favourite moment was Kimono Girls summoning Ho-Oh/Lugia, especially the latter.

11. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Super Sweet Sylveon

For DPPT, it would be the climax of the main story at the Spear Pillar (fight between Dialga and Palkia) and in Platinum, the encounter with Giratina in the Distortion World.

In HGSS, I really loved the cutscene when Ho-Oh flew onto the Bell/Brass Tower in HG and when Lugia came out of the waterfall in the Whirl Islands in SS. The graphics were just stunning imo.

12. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

From Platinum, my fave moment was when Cyrus got pulled into the Distortion World by Giratina.

13. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Another moment from HGSS that I liked: when I battled Red on Mt. Silver for the first time (which would've been on SoulSilver). I remember thinking how nice a touch it was to have the mountaintop covered in snow - it made things seem more dramatic (especially with the hail in battle).
    Also, I remember being very happy that I won without any struggle or losing a Pokemon, especially since I lost the battle the first time playing the original GSC.

14. Elite4woolfy

Elite4woolfy ✽✽✽✽✽✽

From Pearl, it would have to be standing outside of the Pokemon League. The music kind of reminds you that your journey with your Pokemon is almost over

From HG/SS, it would be just before battling Red

15. NPT

NPT Just a member

PLATINUM:
    • Barry trying to go into the tall grass before prof. Rowan showed up.
    • Looker: "You insult me to my face? How very uncouth of you."
    • Infiltrating Team Galactic HQ.
    • The Old Chateau mystery.
    • Cyrus getting pulled into the Distrotion World by Giratina.
    • Finding Cyrus in Distortion World.
    • Getting my own villa.

SOULSILVER:
    • The Kimono girls summoning Lugia.
    • Battling Red on top of Mt. Silver.

16. All my favourite moments are from DPPt, but Pt more specifically.

The first is the Distortion World. Such an epic part, and very confusing. I barely knew where to go for a decent amount of it, and just happened to go the right way on luck sometimes. The music is strangely relaxing, however. Oh, and the Cyrus battle there was epic because I was very underlevelled and still won. I was so happy then.

The second was Iron Island in Platinum. As an IronWillShipper, I really liked this part of the game. Riley is also just a really cool trainer, so yeah.

The last was more several moments spread out. All of Looker's lines are brilliant. They made me laugh so much. That's it.

17. Primal Crusader V

Primal Crusader V Watch some MANime

I had many great memories from D/P/Pt, specifically. But first the obligatory "Distortion World" from Pt, since it's real popular in terms of a favorite part and it has good reason to be. Nothing felt more satisfying than using that Master Ball on Giratina all those years ago. Anyhow-

A big chunk of my nostalgia comes from entering the areas of Route 213, Pastoria City and Solaceon. Pretty progressive parts with hardly any story, but I loved travelling between those two cities. And not to mention the final battle with Cyrus. That was greatly unsettling at the time.

HG/SS was an amazing game all around and not one scene bored me. Though I'd pick the battle with Red.

18. xerxes

xerxes ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

This one might be a little strange, but... moving the Snorlax out of the way in HGSS. I couldn't understand English well back when I was playing GSC, and I never figured out how to move it, since the Pokéflute guy didn't give me one. Little me was very sad because I knew there were other Kanto gym leaders, but they were either blocked off by the Snorlax or away from their gym. Finally passing that point of the game after many, many years was extremely satisfying.

19. MechanisticMoth

MechanisticMoth Eloquent Speaker

The Distortion World was the only redeemable part of Platinum for me (I don't hate them, but DPPl just didn't do it for me).

My second favorite SS moment was seeing Lugia for the first time in the cavern. My first was finally climbing Mt. Silver to beat Red, something I wasn't able to do on Silver when I was a kid.

20. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Well from Hg/Ss my favourite story event has always been the Lugia and Ho-Oh summoning rituals cuz the music was great. And from D/P/Pt my favourite moment was when we first visited Lake Verity and got attacked by Starlys hee hee. :]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.