• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your first computer?

What OS was your first computer?

• Windows 95/98/2000/ME

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Windows Vista/7/8/10

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Apple Mac OS

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Other (e.g. Linux)

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters
I don't remember the brand but IIRC it was a Windows XP operating system. I remember thinking that was so advanced at the time lol.

NeganTheSavior

My first laptop was a 17-inch HP pavilion. I bought it for college. It was so huge.

Sara0007

Hey everyone, I wanted to share my experience with my first computer, which was a Windows XP machine. Overall, I have mixed feelings about it.

• Easy to use and navigate
  • Familiar interface, which made it simple to pick up and start using right away
  • Plenty of software options available, including productivity and entertainment applications
Dislikes:

• Not very secure, which was a big issue as viruses and malware became more prevalent
  • Slow performance compared to newer machines
  • Limited compatibility with modern applications and services
All in all, while my Windows XP machine had its pros and cons, I'm glad I had the opportunity to use it and learn the basics of computing. It definitely served me well in its time."

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
My first computer was a family desktop computer. It was a Dell that ran Windows 95. Looking at some old products, I *think* it was a Dell Dimension V350. It was tan, bulky, and not good but it sure got the job done for that era. It really is astonishing to look back at just how far technology has come in such a short amount of time.

JakeRaichu

A desktop Packard Bell that ran Windows 95 was my first. (It was my family’s computer before) It did everything I wanted it to do, so it was all good.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I think it was Windows 95? I am unsure because 98 looks very similar and I barely saw this computer before it broke. I played a few games on it and that was it. I was verrry young.