• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your first gaming experience?

Title says it all.

What was your first gaming experience? Did you get a console for a special occasion? Did a sibling have something you wanted to play?

Share your stories and read others!

My first experimec with video
Games was my grandmas gameboy color, and she got pokemon for it, she said I could play first so I could teach her a little, and boy was stuck after that.

My first actual gaming exp. that was of my own, I got a Nintendo GameCube for Christmas. Possibly the best console I've ever had. The first game I got was ATV something, and I know you could do tricks, race and kick each other off for extra boost, go to an indoor facility with loops and jumps. Me and my dad played that thing hours on end. I still have it somewhere boxed up

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
When we got a GameCube.It was the first gaming console I ever owned,and it was thanks to my older brother we got it.I basically became a pro at Super Mario Sunshine after a few short years.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
My first gaming experience would have been with point and click adventures on PC as a kid. My dad used to get all the games put out by Humongous Entertainment. So my first game would have been either Putt-Putt Joins the Parade or Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise. Played the **** out of those games, just recently bought the lot of them on Steam too.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The earliest that I can remember was watching my neighbor playing Super Mario World on the SNES after moving here. I had so much fun watching her that I asked my parents for a SNES for Christmas.

They got me an N64 and Super Mario 64 instead, because I guess it was at the point when the N64 was new. But I was overjoyed anyway, even though I didn't know what I was doing in Super Mario 64 lol. I was a stupid kid back then.

kazbel

Mine's actually a little bit of a funny story.

My cousin was visiting our place for a little while, but she ended up going back to Korea and left her Gameboy and (somehow English) copy of Pokemon Crystal. I decided to keep it and my parents pretty much regretted letting me since I've gone to "waste" so much time playing video games ever since.

Tangeh

When I was four years old my family got our first computer. I think it was a windows 95? It came with two games - one was called Hunter Hunted, and the other was called POD (which stood for "Planet of Death"). I was a four year old girl. These games were my first gaming experiences. xD POD was just a racing game, and I could play it by myself but could barely drive the car let alone race. Hunter Hunted was a side-scrolling action game with guns and monsters... I was really intrigued by it but also terrified by it so I always made my dad sit beside me if I was going to try to play it... >_> I liked watching him play it more. My parents eventually gave it away because they realized it wasn't appropriate for my age group lol...

Pokemon was probably my first true video game. ^^ That or "Let's explore the airport with Buzzy" (the substitution they got for Hunter Hunted xD).

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Playing Lemmings on the PC. Either that or playing The Legend of Zelda on a family friend's NES.

Point is, I was, like, four. As if I'd remember.

Hibikaze

My first experience was at an arcade, I played Dance Dance revolution when I was 3 of something. Still one of my favorite games <3

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
The first ones I can remember were Duck Hunt and the original Super Mario Bros. on the NES way back in the day.

Chalis

Victorious
Golden Sun, the first one. Love it to death. After that, Sword of Mana, Sonic Battle or Pokemon Ruby or something.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I was born into the 16-bit era, but didn't play any SNES or Genesis games until much later in life. My first game was Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for the NES, followed shortly by City Connection.

V

Shiny Hunter
I used to play Pokemon Stadium 2 with my cousins. We would all play the mini games and eat ice cream after school everyday at our great-grandparents' house. That and a WWE game they had, which I always lost. My own games I played as a little kid were Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of Earth's Future, Spyro the Dragon: Year of the Dragon (my personal favorite), and the Rugrats game: The Search for Reptar!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'd say my earliest gaming experience was when I saw an N64 demo in a BJ's (which for some reason had game demos back then), it was playing Mystical Ninja. I liked it so much that my parents bought me my own N64 and the game so I could play it.