• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your first gaming experience?

Ice Lock

Hello!
My first gaming experience was playing The NewZealand Story on the Commodore Amiga, it was an amazing platform game. After that was Turrican 2, another brilliant platform game and by far one of the best games I've ever played and one of the best Amiga games ever made.

Mangle

Hello
The first game I ever played was Tetris on the Game Boy.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mine was one of the Super Marios on the Super Nintendo. Too long to remember which, and we sold that console and games.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
The earliest memory I can remember was watching my dad play Sonic 2 on the Sega Genesis; and this was when I was pretty young. Much of my initial gaming experience was due to the Genesis: Sonic, Streets of Rage, Mortal Kombat, Gunstar Heroes... Man, those were the days. xD

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I remember my first experience was with PC games, namely ones like Tomb Raider II and Lego Racers - though it wasn't until someone game me a copy of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets that I really started to play games seriously. I still love that game.

Ithanul

I remember playing my first games on the old Hewlett Packard computer my Dad showed me to turn on. Had Windows 3.1 with MS-DOS, can't remember which game was the first I played, but I remember playing some type of rogue game, Tanks, and a few other old MS-DOS games.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Super Nintendo, Age 4.

The first video game I ever played was Mortal Kombat II. That game changed my life forever, so much that I am currently a music composition major.

Yes, Mortal Kombat inspired me to go into music. Weird, huh? lol

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Frogger on the Game Boy(proper)/DOOM on PC(when I was too little)..what a scare for someone not even in school yet!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Back when I was about two, I played a lot of education interactive games on the PC back when they were on either floppy disks or CD-ROMs (education games were cool back then). So it was stuff like JumpStart and other stuff, including this Peanuts interactive that was on floppy disks. I also played Lemmings, Putt-Putt and Pep's Dog on a Stick, and demos of other Putt-Putt and Humongous Entertainment games like Freddi Fish. I wouldn't be introduced to Super Mario Bros. on NES until one of my distant cousins showed it to me sometime before I was six--though it was a good thing Dad still had his NES and games, so we messed around with them until we got the N64. The first N64 game I remember playing was Yoshi's Story, so I was about six by then.

My earliest memory of my first game was back with the Super Nintendo, my grandma bought one in 1992 or 93 (can't remember exact year) and our first game was Super Mario World, every day after school, after I finished my homework and meal, grandma and I would play for about an hour, I think I was 8 years old back then.

Pyroli

Banned
My first memory of playing any game was back when I was about 5 or 6. I had a really small old TV that had a VHS player programmed right into the TV and I used to play my PS1 on that thing for hours, I can very fondly remember always looking forward to playing one of the three original Spyro games after school, or sneaking up and playing it after my mom went to bed.

ChrysalisShockx

The Forgotten Man
First experience I remember vividly, gaming wise, was picking up a first gen gameboy, playing blue and overwriting my brothers save point. Never did I see someone so mad.. Ever.. And I didnt understand why until I became older to play for myself and realise there was only one save file allowed.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I found my parents' old NES deep in my closet one day. I must've been seven or eight. The box next to it had quite the collection of games, so that night I snuck downstairs and hooked it up, popped Super Mario Bros. in and played away! I've been hooked ever since!

Jerre

Gogoat!
My older brother bought a PS1 back when it hitted Europe. He introduced me to Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider. It was a great experience for me because i saw 3D games for the 1st time! 8D
Then more and more awesome PS1 games came out and the fun kept at it's peek. Until the PS2 hitted the stores. But i got a PS2 Slim in 2006.

That's all i can think of.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I remember when I was about 3 years old and my parents bought me a Sega Genesis. I only had one game for it and it was Sonic the Hedgehog one. I always played it, but I could never get passed Marble Zone so I kept playing Green Hill over and over again. It was quite an experience. I have no idea where my Genesis is now...

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
I can't remember correctly, but I consider that the first games I have ever played were Quake 3 Arena, GTA: Vice City and Max Payne (all on PC), I can just remember these ones from my childhood... and of course Pokemon on my cousin's game boy and some atari games when I was very little... ah the memories..

Ketaru

I remember when I was about 3 years old and my parents bought me a Sega Genesis. I only had one game for it and it was Sonic the Hedgehog one. I always played it, but I could never get passed Marble Zone so I kept playing Green Hill over and over again. It was quite an experience. I have no idea where my Genesis is now...

That was my experience too, actually. And the first time I did get through Marble Zone, it was a big deal. Later, when Sonic the Hedgehog 2 came out, it was Chemical Plant Zone with the rising water. Whenever I played, I always had apprehensions when approaching that segment.

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
My first console was the original Playstation. I would play Spyro the Dragon and Road Rash with my family (although I ended up playing it more than all of them combined). Other memorable games were G-Police, Brave Fencer Musashi, FFVII, and MediEvil. Dang I miss those games...

Spyro was my first game though, and I was always the most imaginative in my family, so I fell in love with all the different worlds and monsters right away. It took me several years, but I eventually completed the game and unlocked the bonus portal in the final world.

Ascended Dialga

At age 3 or 4, the first game I ever played was Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention for the Sega Genesis. I remember stopping every few seconds to ask my dad what buttons to press. He said that to move forward, I just have to "Keep using the arrow (the D-pad)", and move forward I did, and a gamer I became!