1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was your first level 100 Pokémon?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, May 1, 2019.

1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Level 100 is the ultimate achievement in raising and training Pokémon; it takes a special kind of dedication to reach this point. Your Pokémon has reached its maximum, after which none can surpass. (Unless you use glitches. ;))

So what was the very first Pokémon you raised all the way up to 100? Mine was Blaziken in Ruby - the original, not Omega Ruby. I’d never really had a level 100 before that, and I was even scared of reaching the level for a time because of the rumours I’d heard that your Pokémon would die if they got to 100. Thankfully, this wasn’t the case. :D I don’t really remember if my other team members in Ruby reached 100, but Blaziken is the one that I remember the most.

Nowadays, getting to level 100 is easier than ever with the Exp. Share. I think that kind of does take the magic out of it, whereas back in the pre-Gen 6 games it actually took quite a long time to get up to.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  2. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

My very first was also my first Pokemon, Swampert. Of course this was back in the day when I was just starting and only used my starter. Pokemon X was the first and currently only time I managed to get my team to Level 100

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  3. NovaBrunswick

Funny you say that, both our first level 100s were final-evo Hoenn starters, but mine was Blaziken while yours was Swampert. :D

X is also the first game where I got my whole team to 100.

4. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

I think the first time I had a Lv. 100 Pokemon was a Dragonite when I was a kid but here's the thing. It was one of two Pokemon I had and I pretty much overleveled it during FRLG.

5. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

My Charizard in Yellow

6. Ignition

Ignition Incineroar wins yet again (proud of my son)

Infernape in Diamond

7. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

The first Pokemon I successfully raised to level 100 was a Feraligatr in Crystal. I wouldn't reach level 100 until I played White Version many years later. My whole team which consisted of Samurott, Serperior, Emboar, Unfezant, Krookodile, and Zoroark all managed to reach level 100.

8. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Master of the freak show

My first Pokemon I legitimately leveled to 100 was my Typhlosion in Gold. Before that I had gotten a few level 100s in Blue but I used the Missingno glitch to get rare candies so that doesn't count, haha.

9. NovaBrunswick

Did anyone else hear the fake rumour that if your Pokémon reached level 100, they would die?

SubtleVVeirdoh and Thakamizu like this.
  10. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Event Speed Boost Blaziken was my first. First Pokémon I ever got to level 100 that I caught myself was Talonflame.

11. Vixzey

Vixzey Member

I don't remember exact, but either Charizard or Pidgeot in Pokemon Red

BTS_fan and NovaBrunswick like this.
  12. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Time to get spooky! Staff Member Moderator

I think my first was either Charizard or Blastoise in Red or Blue version.

Thakamizu and NovaBrunswick like this.
  13. NovaBrunswick

Was that about the so-called Poké-Gods whose presence was much rumoured just before the Gen 2 games came out?

Thakamizu and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  14. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

My first ever level 100 Pokémon was my Blastoise in Pokémon Yellow!

15. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Reshiram in White 2, I raised it so that it could learn Blue Flare.

16. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

Blastoise in Blue. When I was a kid my tactic was only to level up the Starter and solo the game. Still remember when I defeated my rival's Venusaur with a low-leveled Bellsprout. Another instance was defeating Steven's Metagross with a Shedinja on a level in the 20s.

17. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I believe Lizardon (Charizard) in Red version was my first level 100 Pokemon, although I kind of cheated and used the item cloning glitch to level it up with Candies.

BTS_fan likes this.
  18. My Blastoise in pokemon Blue, followed by my Charizard in Red. I later traded both of them to gen 2 as part of the same team. Not 100% sure if Charizard reached level 100 before transferring but I'm sure Blastoise did.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    MockingJ, NovaBrunswick and BTS_fan like this.
  19. NovaBrunswick

Does it really count if you used the Rare Candy glitch to get your Pokemon to 100? So what was your first non-glitch Level 100?

20. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I don't think exploiting glitches is a bad thing, so in my mind it should count. But my first non-Candied level 100 Pokemon was Lugia in Silver version if I recall correctly.