1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was your first shiny in Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by raichu27, May 6, 2018.

1. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Mine was Charjabug in Sun. I think it has a cool red color, although, I do like its green color.
    Didn't encounter one on Ultra Sun.

2. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 Just bought a Switch :D

I hatched a shiny Dhelmise in Moon first, and in Ultra Sun I got a pikipek. I'm trying to get a shiny riolu now.

3. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I caught a shiny Slowpoke at Route 1 in Pokémon Sun before I got the Shiny Charm. I've haven't caught any shinies in Ultra Sun yet.

4. Inkay. I was still in the middle of the single player campaign and it just popped up.

Though I'm pretty sure I had the Shiny Charm by that point.

5. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Emblian Pride

Shiny Carbink in Pokemon Moon. The only other shiny I obtained so far was a Heliolisk in Ultra Sun by the Ultra Warp Ride.

6. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Well-Known Member

Tapu Koko from the event.

7. Det. Viper

Det. Viper Well-Known Member

I was on my way back from Professor Kukui’s lab near the beginning of the story and found a random shiny Wingull. Put it in the box right away since it had a bad nature.

8. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Caterpie is my first in Moon. I came across it randomly, and it threw me for a loop. Then later on I hatched a shiny Snorlax and a shiny Feebas.

9. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Pokemon Moon(already played one Sun). It was a shiny Pelliper

10. Weavy

Weavy Usually silent

My first shiny in Moon was a Mudbray. Then I found a Finneon later. Both of these were found and caught before I even finished the game, so full odds for both.
    In Ultra Moon, the first shiny I got was an Abra from breeding Pokémon with Synchronise. I wasn't even trying for a shiny, it just happened.

All of these were found without me even trying to look for them so they were surprising encounters.

11. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I hatched a Shiny Nyabby (Litten) in Moon version a few months ago. I didn't necessarily want that as my first Gen VII Shiny, but I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

12. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

On Sun, I hatched a shiny Magby. I raised it into a Magmortar and used it as my Flame Body-egg hatching Pokemon.

Haven't found a shiny of my own on USUM, but I did receive a shiny Anorith from Wonder Trade.

13. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Encounter:
    Golbat in S/M, while randomly traveling through Mt. Lanakila. I don't have Shiny Charm yet at that time, so it was a full odds shiny encounter.
    Meanwhile in US/UM, I already got the Shiny Charm before I even reached Mallow's trial, and yet no shiny encounter until I reached postgame lol. My first shiny encounter was Blacephalon during postgame, which I intentionally hunt.

Non-encounter:
    None in S/M, since they shiny locked literally everything that's not the starter, and the starter scene is so long I couldn't be bothered to SR.
    In US/UM however, I successfully SR-ed for a Shiny Rowlet as my starter.

14. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Korrina in her little white dress :) <3~

My lovely shiny rufflet xD He just POPPED UP on me and i wasn't expecting him haha :p

15. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

First shiny in Ultra Sun? Swanna through Ultra Wormhole, Golbat purely random

16. Trixys

Trixys Member

Ultrasun, shiny Yungoos. Encountered it when I went back to the trial area

17. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

Female Shiny Rowlet as my starter in Sun, only in 1 SR and my intention was only to get a benefitting nature.

18. Sarefan

Sarefan Hylden General.

I am yet to encounter a Shiny Pokémon in Sun / Moon or Ultra Moon.

19. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

My first shiny encounter would a Blue Mienfoo in USUM... I thought it looked awesome until I looked at his color scheme in his evolved form... it's just... pink... how does it go from blue to pink?

20. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Got a Shiny Zygarde from an event for my Ultra Sun like 2 weeks ago. That was a nice event.

EDIT: Today I've caught a shiny Quagsire in Ultra Sun! :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018