• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your first shiny in Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon?

raichu27

Mine was Charjabug in Sun. I think it has a cool red color, although, I do like its green color.
Didn't encounter one on Ultra Sun.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I hatched a shiny Dhelmise in Moon first, and in Ultra Sun I got a pikipek. I'm trying to get a shiny riolu now.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I caught a shiny Slowpoke at Route 1 in Pokémon Sun before I got the Shiny Charm. I've haven't caught any shinies in Ultra Sun yet.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Inkay. I was still in the middle of the single player campaign and it just popped up.

Though I'm pretty sure I had the Shiny Charm by that point.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Shiny Carbink in Pokemon Moon. The only other shiny I obtained so far was a Heliolisk in Ultra Sun by the Ultra Warp Ride.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I was on my way back from Professor Kukui’s lab near the beginning of the story and found a random shiny Wingull. Put it in the box right away since it had a bad nature.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Caterpie is my first in Moon. I came across it randomly, and it threw me for a loop. Then later on I hatched a shiny Snorlax and a shiny Feebas.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pokemon Moon(already played one Sun). It was a shiny Pelliper

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
My first shiny in Moon was a Mudbray. Then I found a Finneon later. Both of these were found and caught before I even finished the game, so full odds for both.
In Ultra Moon, the first shiny I got was an Abra from breeding Pokémon with Synchronise. I wasn't even trying for a shiny, it just happened.

All of these were found without me even trying to look for them so they were surprising encounters.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I hatched a Shiny Nyabby (Litten) in Moon version a few months ago. I didn't necessarily want that as my first Gen VII Shiny, but I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Aquarelle

Staff member
On Sun, I hatched a shiny Magby. I raised it into a Magmortar and used it as my Flame Body-egg hatching Pokemon.

Haven't found a shiny of my own on USUM, but I did receive a shiny Anorith from Wonder Trade.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Encounter:
Golbat in S/M, while randomly traveling through Mt. Lanakila. I don't have Shiny Charm yet at that time, so it was a full odds shiny encounter.
Meanwhile in US/UM, I already got the Shiny Charm before I even reached Mallow's trial, and yet no shiny encounter until I reached postgame lol. My first shiny encounter was Blacephalon during postgame, which I intentionally hunt.

Non-encounter:
None in S/M, since they shiny locked literally everything that's not the starter, and the starter scene is so long I couldn't be bothered to SR.
In US/UM however, I successfully SR-ed for a Shiny Rowlet as my starter.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
My lovely shiny rufflet xD He just POPPED UP on me and i wasn't expecting him haha :p

RedJirachi

Veteran member
First shiny in Ultra Sun? Swanna through Ultra Wormhole, Golbat purely random

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Female Shiny Rowlet as my starter in Sun, only in 1 SR and my intention was only to get a benefitting nature.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I am yet to encounter a Shiny Pokémon in Sun / Moon or Ultra Moon.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
My first shiny encounter would a Blue Mienfoo in USUM... I thought it looked awesome until I looked at his color scheme in his evolved form... it's just... pink... how does it go from blue to pink?

raichu27

Got a Shiny Zygarde from an event for my Ultra Sun like 2 weeks ago. That was a nice event.

EDIT: Today I've caught a shiny Quagsire in Ultra Sun! :)

Last edited: