• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your first shiny Pokémon?

A while ago on my first Pearl, it was Roselia. <3 Not sure what happened to Jade, but it’s a very good shiny. I’m curious as to anyone else? I’m getting a new 3DS and a new Pearl, so I’ll have another answer soon.

TwilightBlade

My first Gen 4 shiny was a shiny Starly that I found south of Jubilife. I was grinding in that area before moving on to fight my rival and the shiny just popped up all of a sudden. :]

Sakuyamon

In Diamond it was a Shiny Kadabra that I found in the rainy route near Veilstone city.

I didn't use it because I didn't want to use any Psychic type Pokemon on my team at the time.

Alphaeon

I’ve never found a shiny in the gen 4 games. >.> Actually, I’ve never randomly ran into a shiny outside of Fire Red, where I’ve found two. I must have horrifying luck!

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Whenever I do encounter a shiny Pokemon it's a species I usually have no interest in or one I find unappealing.

That doesn't mean shiny Pokemon are completely useless to me, they're of value to someone. Example being the last shiny I encountered was a Glalie in Ultra Sun which I offered on the GTS for a Volcorona. Within minutes someone took the trade and I was one step closer to completing the Alola Pokedex.

Leonhart

Imagineer
My first Gen IV Shiny Pokemon was a Shiny Subomie (Budew) that I encountered by chance in Pearl version. At the time I wasn't a Shiny collector, so I ended up trading it for a Dialga since I needed one for my collection at the time.

jaden767

Amphetamine
Shiny Skorupi at the Great Marsh was technically the 1st Shiny in these games that I found but as luck would have it it fled before I caught it.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I recall my first shiny in HGSS being an Elctrode you can capture in the Team Rocket hideout in Mahogany Town. Knew I had to capture it before it used self destruct and I did.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
If we're strictly talking Gen IV (I mean, this IS the Gen IV section, so I'm assuming as such), then it was a shiny Mime Jr. in the Trophy Garden that I found and caught more than a decade ago.

I don't recall flipping out at the time; my initial reaction was more that of pleasant surprise, and needless to say I ended up catching it. Don't recall finding any other shinies in Gen IV that weren't guaranteed encounters/events (in other words, not counting Red Gyarados/shiny Pichu/shiny Legendary Beasts).

To this day, it's a Mr. Mime hanging out on one of my Gen VI/VII games (Don't remember which).

curiousabra

My first shiny was a shiny Staravia I found. Actually one of my favorite shinies, it has the "sunset" vibe going on.
The same day I found another shiny-- a zubat. -.-
I hate zubats. And I hate crobat too. I know a lot of people like Crobat, but as somebody who likes to read Pokedex entries, I wouldn't want a companion that becomes lethargic if it can't get enough human blood. Into the box you go.