1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was your first shiny Pokémon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Angela Lynn VanHulle, May 7, 2020.

1. A while ago on my first Pearl, it was Roselia. <3 Not sure what happened to Jade, but it’s a very good shiny. I’m curious as to anyone else? I’m getting a new 3DS and a new Pearl, so I’ll have another answer soon.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

I dont intentionally look for shines but the first one I encountered in these games was a Bellsprout. A Pokemon I have no interest in...

Sakuyamon and TwilightBlade like this.
  3. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

My first Gen 4 shiny was a shiny Starly that I found south of Jubilife. I was grinding in that area before moving on to fight my rival and the shiny just popped up all of a sudden. :]

jaden767, Leonhart and Sakuyamon like this.
  4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Mine was a Magcargo in Diamond. I encountered it while exploring Stark Mountain with Buck, and luckily he didn't have his Claydol attack the snail, so I successfully caught it.

jaden767 and Sakuyamon like this.
  5. Sakuyamon

Sakuyamon Well-Known Member

In Diamond it was a Shiny Kadabra that I found in the rainy route near Veilstone city.

I didn't use it because I didn't want to use any Psychic type Pokemon on my team at the time.

Leonhart likes this.
  6. Alphaeon

Alphaeon Member

I’ve never found a shiny in the gen 4 games. >.> Actually, I’ve never randomly ran into a shiny outside of Fire Red, where I’ve found two. I must have horrifying luck!

Leonhart likes this.
  7. Storm the Lycanroc

Whenever I do encounter a shiny Pokemon it's a species I usually have no interest in or one I find unappealing.

That doesn't mean shiny Pokemon are completely useless to me, they're of value to someone. Example being the last shiny I encountered was a Glalie in Ultra Sun which I offered on the GTS for a Volcorona. Within minutes someone took the trade and I was one step closer to completing the Alola Pokedex.

Leonhart likes this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

My first Gen IV Shiny Pokemon was a Shiny Subomie (Budew) that I encountered by chance in Pearl version. At the time I wasn't a Shiny collector, so I ended up trading it for a Dialga since I needed one for my collection at the time.

jaden767 likes this.
  9. jaden767

jaden767 Amphetamine

Shiny Skorupi at the Great Marsh was technically the 1st Shiny in these games that I found but as luck would have it it fled before I caught it.

10. Storm the Lycanroc

I recall my first shiny in HGSS being an Elctrode you can capture in the Team Rocket hideout in Mahogany Town. Knew I had to capture it before it used self destruct and I did.

11. TornadoAdvisory

TornadoAdvisory The Imminent Storm

If we're strictly talking Gen IV (I mean, this IS the Gen IV section, so I'm assuming as such), then it was a shiny Mime Jr. in the Trophy Garden that I found and caught more than a decade ago.

I don't recall flipping out at the time; my initial reaction was more that of pleasant surprise, and needless to say I ended up catching it. Don't recall finding any other shinies in Gen IV that weren't guaranteed encounters/events (in other words, not counting Red Gyarados/shiny Pichu/shiny Legendary Beasts).

To this day, it's a Mr. Mime hanging out on one of my Gen VI/VII games (Don't remember which).

12. curiousabra

curiousabra Member

My first shiny was a shiny Staravia I found. Actually one of my favorite shinies, it has the "sunset" vibe going on.
    The same day I found another shiny-- a zubat. -.-
    I hate zubats. And I hate crobat too. I know a lot of people like Crobat, but as somebody who likes to read Pokedex entries, I wouldn't want a companion that becomes lethargic if it can't get enough human blood. Into the box you go.