• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what was your first shiny pokemon and where did you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birgeer

Suicune-Master
like the title says^

i remember that my first shiny pokemon was a golden spearow, i had just gotten headbutt and i went to route 32 (where the pokemon center is) and behind the pokemon center i found some bushes and i used headbutt on them, and a golden spearow apeared!:D at that time i didnt know that shiny pokemon existed (it was before i found gyarados:p) so i thougth there was something wrong with my game (and when i found gyrados i was sure there was something wrong with my game xD) xDD but i caught it, and i still have it^^

Mile

My first one was a Hoothoot that I met on my way to Cherrygrove. I was replaying the game, but still it was like "OMG! A shiny Hoothoot!! AHH!" despite me having a red Gyarados in past)

Narshen

Rocket Grunt
My first shiny(besides the red Gyarados) was a Dunsparce I caught in Dark Cave, and it was there I realized that every Pokemon could have a condition similar to the Gyarados. Since the Dunsparce was also red, I assumed that every Pokemon had a red form. =P

Of course, that was about eight years ago, and I don't have it anymore.

Lil Stew

I have never found a shiny on any Pokemon game. I'm not good at shiny-catching :(

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Well, not including Gyarados, it was a Pinsir that I caught in the Bug contest.

SkinnySweatyMan

Gyrados. I got Silver the day it came out. I still play it (internal battery life is great on mine apparently). I have encountered a shiny Hoot Hoot before, but I didn't have anything to catch it with. That's the only wild shiny I've ever found (no including the given Gyrados).

Birgeer

Suicune-Master
Gyrados. I got Silver the day it came out. I still play it (internal battery life is great on mine apparently). I have encountered a shiny Hoot Hoot before, but I didn't have anything to catch it with. That's the only wild shiny I've ever found (no including the given Gyrados).

same here, i still play my pokemon silver, and i got it the day it came out here in spain, and internal battery still works perfectly:S (i also have gold and crystal (gold not release day but crystal yes) and both of those games still work:s i have a fake crystal (the real game, but in a fake cart, i got in tailand) and on that game the internal battery is dead, but on none of my original games:S maybe its only the us and japanese games that have a internal battery that dies?:s

bulb182

Red Gyrados
I suck at finding shineys...

I saw a shiney pedgey once but i wasn't looking when the little shiney animation came up and i didnt notice the colour was any different so i ran =(

Then i saw another wild Pidgey and realised that i just ran away from the only wild shiney (apart from gyrados) i've ever seen :(

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
My first shiny aside from from the red-fishy?

A blue Koffing. I found in inside a trap floor tile in..... I think it was a Rocket Base?

Pokeplayer016

"A RISING LEGEND"
my first shiny

my first shiny was a mantine. i was on my way to cinnawood to fight chuck when my repel wore off in the sea right before i entered the city limits a red mantine appered at lv 20.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Drowzee in Gold (I'm not counting the Red Gyarados in this). I don't remember where I found it; that was so long ago...

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Well. Me first one was a Wurmple, but my first GSC one was a beautiful shiny Meowth at the route to the left of Eurateak :3.

Havn't found anything ethier than the red gyrados.

Last edited:

Alloute

Banned
I found a shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage lol.

I caught a shiny Psyduck north of Goldenrod City^_^

Red1062

So Cool
Oh I caught a shiny Drowzee below Goldenrod city I believe. It was pink and I was like oh cool its a different color.

darksonicjedi

Excluding shiny gyarados, I caught a shiny grimer in celadon city on the patch of water outside the house next to the game corner on gold about a week ago.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
mine was a rattata which i accedently found while training in a cave near the slowpoke well.

it was a close one, i landed a critical but luckely for me it barely survived.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I found many shinies but didn't have the opportunity to catch them.
My Pokemon Silver Shiny log:
Red Gyarados(obviously)
Golden Pidgey South of the Ghost Type Gym town
Green Raticate West of the above town
Blue Beedrill Bug catching Competition.
The only one i was able to catch was the Red Gyarados...

Wulava

Bidoof'd
Staff member
Apart from the Red Gyarados we all obtained at the Lake of Rage, my first encounter with a shiny is a Unown as I try to complete the UnownDex...

Status
Not open for further replies.