• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what was your first shiny pokemon and where did you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alloute

Not Banned
Shiny Psyduck, north of Goldenrod City, in a pond.

OranRi

Other than the Red Gyarados, my first shiny was a shiny Pidgey.

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
My first shiny was a light blue Poliwag. I thought it was a glitch but captured anyway and named it Politaro like Red's from Special. Raised him to lvl 25 and became a Poliwhirl. Sadly I traded him to a (then)friend so he'd be a Politoed, never got him back. :(
It was a comfort when only a short time later RS came out and could not trade w GSC. Politoed was stuck on a old console forever, soon to be obsolete. I shld have felt bad for it, but I was 13 then and sometimes petty. mwa-ha-ha

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
My first, and only shiny i've caught was a drowzee in silver....

I caught, then traded it with that man in the goldenrod mall for 'muscle' the machop; aiming to get a cool colored machop......

I didnt V____V

Skull_Kid

Meme Lover:P
Mine was a shiny Onix in the Union Cave, in Silver, and in Gold was a shiny Ho-oh after hours of soft resetting...
and yes, My internal batteries still work perfectly(i got silver and gold and crystal the day they came out here in portugal)

Tokala

Infinite ex's & oh's
Being a child who never knew about shinies at all in GSC, I don't know if I ever saw or caught any shinies, it was that long ago. But I just recently started a new game on my Crystal version in light of the new games and I got a shiny Smoochum out of the odd egg. So, sadly, that Smoochum's my first shiny.

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
well besides the red gyrados, i caught a shiny graveler in victory road right in front of the door as i was training for the elite four :D lol

Handsome

James: Falcon...
I caught a Shiny Corsola somewhere near a beach... I can't remember the town name.

ZFXZFX

I can't remember my first but the last one I remember was a shiny venonat in the bug catching contest.

RifleAvenger

See you starside
Shiny Pichu, Crystal Odd egg ( oh my, I hope that returns). Red Gyarados too, but everyone sees/gets that. Other than that, nothing. I'd never seen I pichu before mine hatched, so I thought it was the right color until later.

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky

<-Gotcha, 140 eggs!
I remember having a shiny Rattata in Silver I believe, but it has been so long that I'm not sure where I caught it. I also caught the Red Gyrados three times over on the different versions. My first 3rd Gen. Shiny was a Zigzagoon in Sapphire, which I still have. I then caught a Shiny Shuppet in Emerald, and Shiny Zubat in Fire Red, and I saw a Shiny Tentacool in Sapphire but my game died. :( But just yesterday I got a Shiny Clefairy from the Game Corner, my first Shiny in FOUR YEARS. I'm still really excited about it, I now have 4 Third Gen. Shinies. :)

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Lol@fake shinies people are posting (namely 'red mantine'; shiny mantine is light blue)

My first and only 2nd gen shiny was a Donphan in Mt. Silver. Strangely, seeing as my Gold cart died and my Silver cart looks to be on its last legs, I don't have my shiny Donphan on hand but several of my friends have clones of him.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
The very first shiny I've ever seen happened to be in Crystal, a Spinarak. Then I had no idea about shinies, and i thought it's just a different colour for female pokemon and I just fainted it thinking i could catch it later... Oh well..

In current Crystal save my first shiny is an Elekid from the Odd Egg. I soft-resetted the Odd Egg for some cool shiny, as the percentage of getting one is 50%.I sticked with Elekid when I got one.
A wild shiny I caught is Golbat, randomly got it while I wanted to shortly check my mobile for something..

lemonade22

First Shiny

Well, in Crystal my first shiny was the Gyarados. :) Then, I caught a pink Nidorina outside of Route 15 and a Pink/purple Drowzee below where you catch the Sudowoodo. I also saw a shiny Pidgey outside of the daycare center on that file that I stupidly ran away from and a shiny Bellsprout that I ran out of pokeballs to catch in that patch of grass where the Lickitungs are. :( When my file got corrupted, I started over and got a shiny Ditto which I traded from my Pokemon Red file. :D

In Emerald, I also caught a shiny Machop in the Fiery Path. I wasn't paying attention when it came up, so I didn't see it flash, but it was brown and I thought, "Aren't Machop's supposed to be blue?" So I caught it, just in case. :D Good thing I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.