• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what was your first shiny pokemon and where did you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
I saw a shiny drowzee while in Kanto, east of vermillion city. I didn't know what it was so I didn't catch it.

It was a shiny Drowzee in Silver I believe. I was outside the Daycare, south of Goldenrod City.

Spiffee

Yeah.
I finally got my first shiny like, last week in my Silver version.

A shiny Onix in Victory Road. :]

Surfing_Pikachu

Besides the Red Gyrados, this was the ONLY shiny in my entire Pokemon playthroughs. And I've been playing since G/S/C. It was a golden Arbok outside of Mt. Silver. And I killed it on accident! I used one attack that kept his HP on green, so I figured I would use it again to weaken it to red, but it ended up killing it! H4X0RZZ!!

greysong

Banned
I accidently killed the first shiny I've ever encountered besides gyarados: a blue girafarig. But, later on in the game, I caught my first shiny: an awesome larvitar. Good times.

Poison_master021

<----thats right
my very very first oh i have to go back lets see let me check......

Garydos(ya i know)
Ledyba Outside of Cherygrove
Oddish IDR
Pikachu Power plant

Hydration

Berlitz Fan
well my first shinies (excluding the red gyrados) were a shiny magikarp on route 218 and a starly on route 202. This is b4 i was really aware of shinies. Pretty cool.

I was in route 10, just walking around randomly (i don't know why) when i came across a silver and gold raticate. I caught it, then got so excited i dropped my gameboy and the batteries fell out before i saved the game.

I learned my lesson though.

Gutsman

Indigo Champion
Well this is my first time on the forums in forever =P
I remember the shiny Gyradose that is part of the storyline and after that battle I surfed and about 4 paces away I ran into a shiny Magikarp. I didn't know about shinies at the time so I was stumbled and then I evolved it and had two red Gyradoses.

Glitchtaker

Glitches are mine
My first shiny pokemon . . . let's see . . . Well, this was before I was really aware of the whole 'shiny' concept thing, so, of course, I had to double check the screen like three times because it was late at night, I was playing in the dark (with the GBA light on, mind you) and half asleep. I KNEW pokemon of other colors existed, I just didn't know it was possible to find them and catch them.
So, my first was a shiny Zigzagoon in Pokemon Ruby. Yeah, I feel so out of place, because all of you are talking about G/S/C. I found him in the long jungle-like path underneath Fortree city, and it was raining. He was red, and so cute. About a year later I found a blue Electrite, and I evolved him into a purple Manectric. Good times, good times . . .;264;;309;

Oh, and sorry that these weren't in G/S/C. I just don't count the shiny Gyrados, as he's sitting on a silver platter waiting for you.

Last edited:

Calm PokeMaster

Shiny Tenatcruel near Cianwood city.

Calm PokeMaster

Red Gyarados in Silver(first in Silver;I got a shiny Tentacruel in Gold).My friend got another shiny Gyarados on his way to the real one!

He has two red Gyaradoses!Lucky!

doctor worm

I didn't know what shinies were back when I was playing Crystal so I killed the red gyrados. I also saw a blue ghastly that I thought was a glitch so I ran. I also could have sworn that I saw a shiny flaafy that I ran from but apparantly you can't catch flaafy in crystal so... I don't know. Maybe I dreamt it

The only shiny I ever found(Apart from Gyarados) was a Shiny Pidgey. I saved my game and went to school. The next day my save data was corrupt and I had to start over. :(

No, it's not the internal battery, since my pokemon Crystal still works.

Mew3000

Pidgey.

I remember West of New Bark Town, I was just wandering in the grass for some unknown reason. Then I find this Pidgey with a strange "glow" to it. I did catch it though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.