• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what was your first shiny pokemon and where did you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birgeer

Suicune-Master
like the title says^

i remember that my first shiny pokemon was a golden spearow, i had just gotten headbutt and i went to route 32 (where the pokemon center is) and behind the pokemon center i found some bushes and i used headbutt on them, and a golden spearow apeared!:D at that time i didnt know that shiny pokemon existed (it was before i found gyarados:p) so i thougth there was something wrong with my game (and when i found gyrados i was sure there was something wrong with my game xD) xDD but i caught it, and i still have it^^

Mile

My first one was a Hoothoot that I met on my way to Cherrygrove. I was replaying the game, but still it was like "OMG! A shiny Hoothoot!! AHH!" despite me having a red Gyarados in past)

Narshen

Rocket Grunt
My first shiny(besides the red Gyarados) was a Dunsparce I caught in Dark Cave, and it was there I realized that every Pokemon could have a condition similar to the Gyarados. Since the Dunsparce was also red, I assumed that every Pokemon had a red form. =P

Of course, that was about eight years ago, and I don't have it anymore.

Lil Stew

I have never found a shiny on any Pokemon game. I'm not good at shiny-catching :(

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Well, not including Gyarados, it was a Pinsir that I caught in the Bug contest.

SkinnySweatyMan

Gyrados. I got Silver the day it came out. I still play it (internal battery life is great on mine apparently). I have encountered a shiny Hoot Hoot before, but I didn't have anything to catch it with. That's the only wild shiny I've ever found (no including the given Gyrados).

Birgeer

Suicune-Master
Gyrados. I got Silver the day it came out. I still play it (internal battery life is great on mine apparently). I have encountered a shiny Hoot Hoot before, but I didn't have anything to catch it with. That's the only wild shiny I've ever found (no including the given Gyrados).

same here, i still play my pokemon silver, and i got it the day it came out here in spain, and internal battery still works perfectly:S (i also have gold and crystal (gold not release day but crystal yes) and both of those games still work:s i have a fake crystal (the real game, but in a fake cart, i got in tailand) and on that game the internal battery is dead, but on none of my original games:S maybe its only the us and japanese games that have a internal battery that dies?:s

bulb182

Red Gyrados
I suck at finding shineys...

I saw a shiney pedgey once but i wasn't looking when the little shiney animation came up and i didnt notice the colour was any different so i ran =(

Then i saw another wild Pidgey and realised that i just ran away from the only wild shiney (apart from gyrados) i've ever seen :(

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
My first shiny aside from from the red-fishy?

A blue Koffing. I found in inside a trap floor tile in..... I think it was a Rocket Base?

Pokeplayer016

"A RISING LEGEND"
my first shiny

my first shiny was a mantine. i was on my way to cinnawood to fight chuck when my repel wore off in the sea right before i entered the city limits a red mantine appered at lv 20.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Drowzee in Gold (I'm not counting the Red Gyarados in this). I don't remember where I found it; that was so long ago...

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Well. Me first one was a Wurmple, but my first GSC one was a beautiful shiny Meowth at the route to the left of Eurateak :3.

Havn't found anything ethier than the red gyrados.

Last edited:

Alloute

Not Banned
I found a shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage lol.

I caught a shiny Psyduck north of Goldenrod City^_^

Red1062

So Cool
Oh I caught a shiny Drowzee below Goldenrod city I believe. It was pink and I was like oh cool its a different color.

darksonicjedi

Excluding shiny gyarados, I caught a shiny grimer in celadon city on the patch of water outside the house next to the game corner on gold about a week ago.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
mine was a rattata which i accedently found while training in a cave near the slowpoke well.

it was a close one, i landed a critical but luckely for me it barely survived.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I found many shinies but didn't have the opportunity to catch them.
My Pokemon Silver Shiny log:
Red Gyarados(obviously)
Golden Pidgey South of the Ghost Type Gym town
Green Raticate West of the above town
Blue Beedrill Bug catching Competition.
The only one i was able to catch was the Red Gyarados...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Apart from the Red Gyarados we all obtained at the Lake of Rage, my first encounter with a shiny is a Unown as I try to complete the UnownDex...

Status
Not open for further replies.