• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your first shiny?

Tag3r

i wantz beef!
Well as the name says who was your first shiny? this doen NOT include the gyrados inn Lake of Rage in gsc. mine was a shiny magikarp;130; i found in my ruby version. I caught him in a luxury ball. i love him lol

hitoshura0

I found a shiny Caterpie on Route 31 my first playthrough of Gold. I even beat the Elite 4 with it!

23caterpie

pokemaster
I found a shiny machop in Ruby in the grass in front of the place that takes you up the mountain. Too bad I lost my Ruby.

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
Red Gyarados... next Shiny Graveler from Victory Road in Crystal...
anyway in DP i was caught female shiny Budew lv11 (now Roserade [Ghospell]) in Eterna Forest after 7h of playing Diamond - totaly random in battle with Cheryl

Last edited:

Tag3r

i wantz beef!
I found a shiny Caterpie on Route 31 my first playthrough of Gold. I even beat the Elite 4 with it!

wow thats amazing iv never actually herd of someone useing a butterfree or beedrill to beat the elite four. congrats

muimui

I was playing in my leaf green and i ran into a shiny cubone in the tower in lavender town. I don't really like it so i never trained it!

JoeMamaInk

future Pkmn Mazter!
mine was red garadose, then a tenticool in emeald of course i didnt know what a shiny was back then and reasleased it. then it was shinny pichu :/ those are the only ones i've ever had...

Thunder bro

I never found one in the wild (Except for red gyrados), but I traded a Kyogre for a shiny Golem...

Werecat

too old for this
I radar'ed three shiny Shinx on my Platinum. Since then, one is lounging in my box, and the other two I've traded to my friend and brother, who actually had the patience to train them.

Pansy :]

anustart
Mine was a bellsprout in diamond. i didn't know what a shiny was until i was going through my boxes to see if i had anything good to trade my brother and he saw it and told me, the only thing that makes me upset is thinking about how many shinies that means i must have ran from...

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
whell 1st shinky I ever meet was the red Garyados, which doesn't count but was the only shiny I ever found in the origonal games.
in fire red I found a shiny goldeen but I lost the game...
and in leaf green I found a Shiny Execute but it fled after the 1st turn.
But on my pearl I have a Ursaring,Bellosom, and Crowbat that I all found training... plus I have two shiny pichus (platinum and pearl)exept one evolved into richu now.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
please ignore I accidentally double posted...

Last edited:

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
First shiny I got was the Riolu that I hatched after receiving its egg. It's now a pretty decent shiny Lucario.

Tho' I suppose that doesn't necessarily count as catching it. The first wild Pokemon I encountered that was shiny was a shiny Kriketune in the trophy garden.

Purefire

A Shiny Wurmple and Grimer in Emerald

halloweenghost

The RG,..but as said it does notcount.. my first catch was a shiny slugma in Emerald version near Fallarbor town. traded him away for a Space C Deoxys at the toys R Us Mew give away in 2006. I hope those guys still have him.

slowdude

Was fishing for a Feebas on my Sapphire. Random encountered a Shiny Carnavana. Now its a fail Sharpedo but I still love him.

poke'master

I've ran into two shinys since I started playing. They were Manky on FR and Magicarp on LG. I've lost them now though :(

My first was in LeafGreen with my shiny fearow.