• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your first starter after starting your FR/LG game for the first time?

BuizelPidgeot

Charmander has been my favorite since the first time i played red on my gameboy.

Icy Death

Freeze. Now.
Squirtle because it's flat out awesome, and can learn Ice-type moves (see username)

annabelletheraikou

Well, since I picked Squirtle in Blue, I decided to go with Charmander in LeafGreen. I love all the starters, however, so it was really hard haha.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
I went with Charmander when i bought leafgreen.... it was a great starter to use, the one thing is though... you do struggle to use Charmander at such a low level when you start the game..... due to the fact that the first gym is rock type......

arfo

My first prefer was Charmander. But now, if I start FRLG again, it can be Charmander again. Because Charizard is very helper and rival's Squirtle / Wartortle / Blastoise can be weak of my Bellsprout or Oddish.

Aquanova

I picked Charmander because its my favorite. I know Charmander isnt the best to start with, but I was prepared for that

silver wing 22

Storm king
the only good choice

charmander

the-eagle

Breader
I picked Charmander, almost every time I start a game I have not played before choose the fire type. And Charmander is cool to!

G50

No longer posting
For FR and LG -

1st LG - Squirtle, unlike the 1st generation games, it can learn a moveset that works so much better and easier to get through the gyms, Rival and E4. Unfortunately it does get poisoned a lot...

FR - Bulbasaur, unlike in the 1st generation games, the moveset isn't as good for my tastes for Gyms, Rival, and E4 (I use 100% accuracy power moves only). It can't get poisoned, so it does have upside :)

2nd LG - Charmander, tough to get through all gyms, rival, E4 on its own, so it was much easier to choose it last.

SilverSoulLugia

Bulbasaur, because of the help with inflicting statuses. And Ivysaur is pretty awesome. :D

Torrentr

Rainy Ocean Trainer
When I played Fire Red for the first time, seeing how its a remake, I wanted to remake my very, very first team from Blue back in '99. So I chose Squirtle! :)

bones090

< brav man i is sick
I chose Bulbasaur. It can not be Poisoned but can inflict Poison, Paralysis, Sleep... It was the best to chose, it alone managed to beat Gary's Charizard the second time I got round to Elite 4.

Last edited:

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
I chose Charmander because I had other Water and Grass pokemon in mind for my team