• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your first team?

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Pretty much.
Mine either was Charizard, Vileplume, Vaporeon, Primeape, Raichu, and Nidoking, I THINK, or Torterra, Pachirisu, Vaporeon, Houndoom, Togekiss, and Lucario.

What was yours?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I restarted Yellow (my first game) a few times, but the first team I beat the Elite Four with was Pidgeot, Charizard, Chansey, Vaporeon, Raichu, and Wigglytuff.

...Yeah, I didn't know the first thing about creating an effective team.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I didn't really take team making seriously until Platinum, but I think my first team was in Crystal. It was something along the lines of:

Typhlosion, Shuckle, Magneton, Hitmontop, Espeon, and something else IDR.

Blissy

arfpapers
My first was in Silver, but I mostly only used Feraligatr. Overall, all I remember from it is Feraligatr.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
My first was in Emerald, but all that I can remember of my first team is that I think I used Blaziken.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
First game: Pokemon Blue

First team:
;009; Blastoise
;018; Pidgeot
;028; Sandslash
;093; Haunter
;145; Zapdos
;095; Onix

Not the greatest, and that was when I used Legendaries in-game. But then again, I was 10.

Wow, I can't believe I remember that!

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I don't remember, but I do remember a Houndoom on my first Gold-adventure. and a Xatu

Turnip King

Bug Trainer
That was ages ago on Pokemon Blue. The details are abit fuzzy but I distinctly remember my first starter was Bulbasaur, and also that Kadabra was a regular in almost every Blue game I played. I think a Ninetales and Polywrath was part of my first team too.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I cannot remember for the life of me what my first team consisted of other than Pikachu and a traded Cloyster/Poliwrath. Same with Silver. My team in Ruby was a bit iffy, but it worked. The only three Pokémon I can remember using a lot are Blaziken, Azumarill, and Altaria.

But my first thought-out team was in LeafGreen where I decided to get Venasaur, Raichu, Azumarill, Furret, Dragonite, and Espeon.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
My first team was waaay back in Gold, and I just... could never commit. I always had Feraligatr, Ampharos and Umbreon, but the rest of my team kept changing every few seconds. In the end I think I settled to having a Dragonite as well...? I think I had, like, a level 19 Hoothoot as a part of my party when I faced the Elite Four. Still won though. 99 Revives/Hyper Potions/Full Restores > having two more properly trained Pokémon with me.

Later on I also got Ho-Oh. Don't judge, he's awesome. I never caught the one in my game, so I recall training an Electabuzz like crazy so a friend would trade me his Ho-Oh. He did. Hah. Idiot. <3

In Red I had all the legendary birds (because c'mon, they were birds, how could I not use them?) and Charizard. And Jolteon. And something random I don't care to remember.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Mine was way back in Yellow.

Pikachu
Charizard
Blastoise
Venasuar
Pidgeot
dont remember the last one :p

Back in Emerald it was something like Blaziken, Rayquaza, Absol, Tropius and I think a Lotad, Lombre or Linoone.

Missingno.Fan

I beat the Elite Four for the first time on Blue using a Charizard, Snorlax, Vaporeon, Hitmonlee, Persian, and I think something like a Nidoqueen.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
My first team was Venusaur, Pidgeot, Pikachu, Arbok, Vaporeon, and Hitmonchan on Firered :p