• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your GOTY?

TehLulzMastur

I have to admit, this year didn't leave much of an impression on me. Sure, we had some new technology, some blockbuster games, but I thought the 2009 was a better year.

However, what was your Game of the Year?

Mine was Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Easily the best game in the series, and just an amazingly epic, well thought-out story.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
fallout new vegas. survivaling/traveling and helping people (followed by pickpocketing their unique keyitems) while shooting mutated sandcreatures is what i like to do.
like cod it needs a second team to speed up the flow of new releases, i can't get enough of this.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
fallout new vegas. survivaling/traveling and helping people (followed by pickpocketing their unique keyitems) while shooting mutated sandcreatures is what i like to do.
like cod it needs a second team to speed up the flow of new releases, i can't get enough of this.

Frick yes.

If not for all of the (admittedly largely avoidable) bugs, I'd probably revere the game as a masterpiece.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Bayonetta

Unlike everything else I've ever played, near perfect combat, over the top attacks and finishers, and plenty of bonus stuff to do. I played through run after run, each getting harder, without getting the least bit bored. Add in some sexyness, funny cutscenes, and catchy soundtrack and you've got my pick. (mind you, I haven't played Vanquish which could possibly up it's "over-the-topness" by even more)

Surfing_Pikachu

Pretty ****y year for me. I only bought, like 5 this entire year. Reach blows, Bad Company 2 was fun but it got boring, and New Super Mario Bros., probably the best one, came out last year. I'm getting Black Ops for Christmas so that hopefully won't disappoint.

Heart Gold.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Super Mario Galaxy 2. Take a revolutionary game and make it better.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Pretty ****y year for me. I only bought, like 5 this entire year. Reach blows, Bad Company 2 was fun but it got boring and New Super Mario Bros., probably the best one, came out last year. I'm getting Black Ops for Christmas so that hopefully won't disappoint.

Heart Gold.

you are getting black ops for christmas? what happened to peace on earth?
you should ask santa for medal of honor instead, for 20 bucks/xbox points/whatever you can get some pretty neat DLC.

benknightprime

Master Trainer
My GOTY has to be Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
Great story, graphics, dialogue, and characters make for a game I'd play any day.

Chris

Old Coot
Haven't played very many games released this year. All I saw were generic shooters, western RPGs and few gems here and there.

I want to say Dragon Quest IX, but the lack of multiplayer on my end kills the full experience for me. So I guess Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the one I've played the most of. Can't say Donkey Kong Country Returns since I haven't played much of it aside from a store demo and it hasn't had enough time to settle within the year.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
My Game of the years are

Sonic colours
Donkey Kong country returns
No More Heroes 2
Pokémon Soul Silver

Fenix

Tremulant
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I only recently got my SC2, so I can't judge it yet, but so far it is amazing. Most likely will be GOTY when I finish it, but as for games I've finished, Amnesia was the best game I played this year.

I think it is the scariest game EVER made, by far.

Mass Effect 2, a close second. As for New Vegas, I tried to like it, I really did. I loved Fallout 3 to death, and have clocked over 200 hours in it, but as much as I tried I could only bring myself to beat New Vegas once. It's not just the horrible bugs and the fact that one out of every 3 NPC/enemies get stuck in the ground, I think it's much worse than FO3 in terms of settings too. I never felt anything towards the Mojave desert, but I grew so fond of FO3 wasteland that I can say I love it.

...I am also extremely biased against Obsidian, and there is nothing they can do that will make me forgive them. They made average sequels out of two of the best games of the last decade, and I will forever hate them for that.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Well, with an argument like that, how can I not see Red Dead as anything but GotY...moron...

well you are certainly in a bad mood. do me a favor fhq and switch offline for today if you plan to keep being rude against others like that, i will report you for it next time.