• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your reaction on the announcment of the HG/SS?

IrishWinger10

Pre-evolved trainer
I was so excited that i started running around my house yelling =D then i found my old gold game and started playing it again to prepare XD

powerprotector

[Empty Space]
I was like "I knew they would do it eventually"
;471;

Peter Quill

star-lord
You know what? The announcement of HeartGold and SoulSilver gave me mixed opinions about the matter. At first I was extremely skeptical about it, I was just one of those people that thought that Nintendo should use their money into a 5th generation or other game instead of a silly Gold/Silver/Crystal remake. One of those people that would just say "it's never going to happen" to all those "crazed" fanboys. So I scoffed and continued with my normal pokemon related things.

After awhile I decided to play my old Silver version. Heck I didn't even think that HeartGold and Soulsilver could link to me playing the old games however it did. The second generation was the first generation of pokemon games that I had ever played. Hey, the idea stuck to me I was a lot more open about it. Then I decided to read Serebii's page on it, after looking at some of the new features like the marathons and Pokewalk I really got excited.

Woo, that was long :p

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
I was excited. I was one of the people who believed a remake would be made. x]

So you mean you were part of the majority of the pokefans population...

I was excited to see the new pic's of the games, but soon cringed with fear of people claiming that they were the only ones to believe that Nintendo would make a remake of the games...

I guess my fear became reality huh?

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I was really happy (and still am, I'm so excited). I expected it as much, so I wasn't surprised. But when I found out about all the crazy new things being added to it (Pokemon following you, etc.) Thats when I get really excited and wired up about it.

Queen_Lugia

The Soul of Silver
I was like, "Oooh, BCVM22's gonna be eating his words over this! :D"

Seriously, the guy dismissed every thought of a GS remake as wishful thinking.

wannabelilly

~MANGAQUESTSHIPPING~
I started jumping up and down on my bed screaming! Me and one of my bffs Leigh waited sooo long for this! Johto was my fav region for sooooooooo long!(but now it's hoenn, with johto at a close second!) I mean, we sent emails and everything! They had to tell me to leave them alone, cause i was junking up their inboxs..........:)

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
My exact chain of thoughts:

"WOO! All the pointless speculating will stop!"

then:

"OH SNAP IT'S GOING TO BE HYPED TO OBLIVION!"

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
I always knew it was coming. It was just a matter of time. So my first thought was: I knew, oh my gosh, i totally knew it! My second thought was: wow! all those people who swore up and down that it would ever happen must feel dumb.

ArcanineOod

Peace, perfect peace
I always knew in my heart they would bring them back <3

I think I stared at my computer screen in shock, inwardly squee'd, outwardly squee'd, then ran downstairs to tell my little brother. I was hopping up and down with exitement, I can tell ya!

xX

mech king1

Fire trainer
i'm glad they brought them back and added new parts to supposedly improve it, just going to be mega hyped.

48Elmaxo16

Hauu!!!
First: "Ooo yay I have a console that can play this Johto set..."
Second: "OMG I HAVE AN EXCUSE TO GET ONE OF THE PROPER GAMES IMPORTED FROM JAPAN WOOO!!!"
and then back to: "hmm... i'm hungry..."

Farmermon

Is back once again!
I dreamed... for some reason, of seeing two DS pokemon games, one with Ho-oh on the cover and the other with Lugia. The next day out of boredom i went on serebii.net (i haven't gone on there since before it was announced) and nearly crapped myself when I found out it was going to come out i was that happy :D

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i had to think about something BCVM22 often said when somebody started to talk about gold & silver remake. he said a billion times that there will never be a gold silver remake:p