• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your reaction on the announcment of the HG/SS?

Manly Blissey

Well, I personally loved the whole storyline and vibe of this generation. I can't wait to replay it with a more modern feel and additions. ^^

Blazestarre

I saw screenshots and got all giddy. I have fond memories of GSC, so I'm really looking forward to playing HG/SS. Of course, there are some things I'm not so excited about, like the new girl and such, but that's all really minor. I'm just glad to be able to play in Johto again.

aaron-now

I was all like "Duh."
As if they wouldn't release the remakes after FRLG. My reaction to them was more excited and surprised.
It also gave me a reason to throw my toy Pokeball at my brother. I tried registering him on my Pokedex, but it only goes up to Mewtwo.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I was extremely happy because I wanted these games to be remade for a long time. GSC were my favorite games.

AranaTheRhinosaur

あなたの心で..
excited_child.332101512_std.jpg

yeminied

I listened to "It's the Best Day Ever!" over and over.

I sent texts to everyone I could saying it was the best day ever.

I did a few fist pumps.

I cheered,

the usual.

Krait

"OH MY ****ING GOD."
I was freaking excited and instantly searched for the characters' designs with a stupid HUGE grin plastered all over my face. I fell in love with Silver's/Rival's new look.
But then I got mixed feelings. Because Marina/Kris got replaced by Kotone.
Thought it's a really lame excuse to become depressed, I tend to be really fond in characters and when I saw that Marina got replaced I couldn't help but DETEST Kotone.
I'll repeat, it's a lame excuse but that's what I felt (feel).

But I'll still enjoy the game. Getting HeartGold for my b-day so I'm really happy.

Krait

"OH MY F*CKING GOD."
I was freaking excited and instantly searched for the characters' designs with a stupid HUGE grin plastered all over my face. I fell in love with Silver's/Rival's new look.
But then I got mixed feelings. Because Marina/Kris got replaced by Kotone.
Thought it's a really lame excuse to become depressed, I tend to be really fond in characters and when I saw that Marina got replaced I couldn't help but DETEST Kotone.
I'll repeat, it's a lame excuse but that's what I felt (feel).

But I'll still enjoy the game. Getting HeartGold for my b-day so I'm really happy.

Fireath

The internal battery for my copy of Pokemon Crystal died a while before they were announced.

Needless to say, I was really excited when the remakes were announced since it meant I didn't have to say bye to Johto. lol

@ JJag: There is a fifth gen coming. Hint: Deoxys.
---
Silver was my first Pokemon game ever. It still stands as the Pokemon game with the longest storyline. Think of that, plus all of the new additions (and the review. 9/10).

And this was all in the same day I found out. I cried tears of joy.

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
"I wonder if they're gonna remake the Hoenn region as well..."

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
If they do it's a long way from being made maybe in early 2012 ?

Torlen

aka Thanatos
YES YES THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

in a nutshell. g/s/c was the best generation no arguments accepted.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i hypervenilated.
dead serious, i was over excited.
the 2nd generation is going to be awesome, now that it's coming back.
yay. :)