1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was your reaction when you first got pokerus?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by twigadee, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaggy101

Jaggy101 I'm Jaggy and proud

Shame i've never really had it, i am just that unlucky :(

2. healball~

healball~ New Member

i missed nurse joy's pokerus talk cos i wasnt paying attention. thought i had gotten a virus in my game. my face --> O________O "WHAT'S THIS?!"

3. Niri

Niri Active Member

The only time I remember getting PokéRus was when I was very young so I didn't really know what it was and I ended up not using it to my advantage when I had it. Even now I wouldn't really care about having it since I'm so used to not having it.

4. When my Pokemon got Pokerus (don't remember which one it was) in SoulSilver, I was like "Pokerus? That can't be good..." But, apparently, it wasn't even anything bad. It just makes your Pokemon grow faster. Then I was like "oh, okay. That's cool."

5. darkgamerGS

darkgamerGS Banned

How come when people get an STD, it's dangerous/lethal, but when Pokemon get an STD, it makes them stronger?

My first Pokerus encounter that didn't come from random Pearl trades (I never touched the GTS in any other version save for like, once or twice in a few versions,) was my Vespiquen in Platinum... I was gonna use it in my party, but I couldn't be bothered to EV train at the time, so it's still sitting in my PC.

6. SuperSaiyanArcanine

SuperSaiyanArcanine Eliet Four

the first thing i thought was "why is nurse joy talking to me about checking my pokemon for a virus or something?"

7. lucario is best

lucario is best shiny seeker

i was like omg my pokemon is going to die its a disease and i got rid of it then i learnt it was a good thing i was well sad

8. Krizor

Krizor Evil Genius

Luckily, I got it right at the time when I was learning all about EV training.

So I was very happy.

9. the elite trainer

the elite trainer Warrior Of Darkness

I traded for it.

10. lucario is best

another thing i remember was nurse joys speach thats when i got rid of it

11. Eivana

Eivana There Is No NiGHTS!

I remember I wasn't expecting it and I normally try to rush through what Joy says, and then she said something like, "...Uh oh." or "...Oh!" I can't remember what, and for some reason it really startled me. I'll never forget it! lol.

12. Purple_BlitzXD

Purple_BlitzXD ♥Heart of Ice♥

my reaction the first time was "*gasps* OMG MY POKEMON IS GUNNA DIIIEEE! *right after, nurse joy tells me its harmless* ....oh..." but yeah, didnt know what it was back then lol, i thought it was some fatal disease or something. xP

13. lucario is best

ijust found my second and i was still shocked lol

14. kritika1

kritika1 New Member

Hi
    I have never jumped into a freezing lake. That's stupid because you can literally die from it in like 10 seconds if you don't get out.

15. Victoria

Victoria My my my...

I just got confused. Did not understand what the hell that nurse was going on about. S:

16. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

Ummm, what?

I was confused when she said it made them grow faster, I thought it was like a Lucky Egg.

17. QingLong

QingLong Hive Trainer

Yeah, same here.

18. Kodama木魂

Kodama木魂 ∩( ・ω・)∩

I caught a Ralts with Pokérus in my old Ruby version (rather early game too, I might add). I was younger, though, so when Joy gave the speech...:

"Your Pokémon may be infected with Pokérus.
    Little is known about the Pokérus except that they are microscopic lifeforms that attach to Pokémon.
    While infected, Pokémon are said to grow exceptionally well."

I was startled/orly?! Can't really remember what I did with the Ralts, but I don't think I kept the Ruby game file around long thereafter getting Pokérus. Shame...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  19. TyranitarFan

TyranitarFan Professional Badass

"well thats cool" and then when my aggron levels up with a +5 in attack -_-

20. Forretress Fan

Forretress Fan Let's Go

I literally freaked out and turned off my power and didn't touch the game boy advance for a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.