• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your reaction when you first got pokerus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
At first I was worried, but when I went to Nurse Joy and found out it makes your Pokemon stronger, I was like, "Viva la Pokerus!"

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I thought it was a glitch, just like I didn't know about shinies and I thought they were gltiches too.
But now I know

Zachmac

I had heard of it before hand, but every one said it doubled stats upon level up. I couldn't tell you how excited I was, just capturing a cacnea with an open spot in my team, start to train it, then while checking it's stats, every pokemon in my team had it!

Then I found out what it really did, and boy, is it helpful when you know what you're doing with it.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I ate a Twix bar of course.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
It's funny, but ever since that one time I've never gotten it. Geez, I wish pokerus was a little more common...

speedygallade

Gallade Lover
I was like YES! This Ladyba I caught out of haste was beneficial!

abraxas

Words.
It first happened in Ruby, and I missed it. I was forever wondering what the little black dot was. =\ Now, the first time I got it after I knew what it was, I was, like, "Sweeeet." I'm still pretty stoked everytime I catch a Poke with Pokerus.

hello amber? i have got myself tested and i... have the... the pokerus... so... i think you
should get yourself tested too i... am sorry

-poop-

but seriously i tought it was awesome when i got it on my R*M on my Emulat*r
and when i got it on my Diamond(on my Ds) i was even more psyched and screamed even more
Pokerus=awesome

donphan123

Wannabe Breeder
some 1 trade me 2 nidorans

they had pokerus

Emerald 2006

slightly suprised but not by much.
I don't EV or IV train my pokemon.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I was terrified in Sapphire when she first told me

'f*** 'f*** 'f*** virus on my game, virus on my game!!'

I happily forgot about it about three minutes later, and was presently surprised when, at the time that I first started ev training, I pokeshifted over a Wynaut and it gave my Beldum pokerus ^^

Pikawho?

(five15)
I have never found it in my game. But my friend gave it to me awhile back. His sister came running to him going "what the heck is going on with my pokemon? ;-;" and he nearly crapped himself. Without skipping a beat, he called me up and infected mine pokemon with it. Being the hardcore nerds we are, we knew about it so there was no surprise. We're just ticked that his sister, first time ever playing, got it.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Happy and sad. I was tring for a modest/timid shaymin.

Onm my 4th try I got an adamant one and I was about to reset when I noticed pokerus on a load of my team and teh shaymin. That made me keep the little diseased hedgehog :)

speedygallade

Gallade Lover
They should seriously stop saying virus haha. It makes kids (and adults) think something is wrong with their game.

shadi1

itwas my new copy of heartgold i had battled a trainer with a rattata and i went tthe pokecenter turns out his rattata gave my quilava pokerus

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
After 4 years, and 5 Poke'mon games, I haven't gotten Poke'rus. Lucky me. -_-

AceTrainerAnna

Starting ShinyHunter
The day before I got it, I watched a video on what it was and how you got it and everything. After watching that video, I thought, "Wow, sounds neat. Too bad I'll never get it"

And then....well, yeah. Next day, I got it on my HeartGold. I even remember the pokemon I got it from, and where. It was on Route 44, while training my pokemon, I got it from a male Lv. 20 Phanphy. I went to the Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon, and then Prof. Elm called me talking about the virus. I thought, "...why's he mentioning that virus...? Wha....can't be..." Checked my Pokemon summary, and sure enough, I had it. I...uh, kinda screamed. Loudly xD;

Blitz Lucario

I first learned about Pokerus back when Emerald was out. But no matter how hard I tried I never could get it until Platinum came out and then later on my HeartGold.

GilligBoi

I was like WTF? what item can cure this? And then I googled it to find out that it was a good thing haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.