• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your reaction when you first got pokerus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForteAnly

I thought it was some sort of poison status effect at first. Until Nurse Joy told me what it was and then I did some research on it by myself.

I freaked out XD i dont like viruses especially on my pokemon so i logged on to serebii to see what it was "i didnt knew back then" and freaked out cause one of my main priorities in the game is to build the strongest relationship with my pokemons as i can"since it lowers the bond strength"

TotodileCharizard

My first time having it was actually a few days ago. I was playing my Pokemon Sapphire and when I went to heal my Pokemon, I was mindlessly pressing A until I noticed Nurse Joy had something about "...exceptionally well.". At first, I thought I had accidentally moved over and talked to a different person in the Center, but I figured that wasn't it. Then, I figured I should check my Pokemon and sure enough I saw "PKRS" as the status. I couldn't remember exactly what its effects are so I logged on to Bulbapedia and read Nurse Joy's comment they have on its page, so yeah. I was surprised since the chances for getting it are very low, I believe? I haven't played my Sapphire in a few days, but I did put my infected Dustox in my PC. I admit I was alittle scared at first because I remember when I was younger that someone told me your Pokemon disappeared once they got it, but I quickly threw that thought away. xD

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Never did have Pokerus, not until three weeks ago.
Okay, I was searching for a Manaphy on GTS then I found one I can trade with, so I traded my only Uxie for it. Now I have a Manaphy, then I breed it with a Ditto to get Phione. Two Pokemon for the price of one, not a bad deal eh? After that I went on GTS again to get an Uxie so I found one but the pokemon wanted was an Azelf so I went searching for that and found one. I traded it with that Uxie when I got it I checked it, it was from Japan but more importantly it had the Hiccups!.................psyche!! It has the Pokerus so I was like OMG!! WOOHOO! The end.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I got it from a Golem I obtained in a trade from my neighbor boy waaaay back in the days of Silver/Gold. I remember when I transefered the Golem into Pokemon Stadium 2, it was all red, so I thought that Pokerus was short for Pokemon Rust (see? You're not the only one, user who said that before me).

Shortly after, my Gold version corrupted. I thought the 'rus was to blame. I didn't have the internet, so I couldn't just look it up, and no one I knew had ever heard of Pokerus, so I didn't know any better.

Though I know it's good, now, I'm still a little leery of it. (I just got it on a Japanese Totodile I got off the GTS, as well as on a Turtwig from The Netherlands. I've got them quarintined, because, as previously stated, I'm still a little leery of it. Plus, my team's already fully trained, so what's the point?)

~Nemmeh

7420Cola

Shelgon Rocks
I thought I was going to lose all my pokemon. What i was seven.

generationme

Future OSL Champ
I was paying half attention when the nurse said i had pokerus. I read it an was like "huh?" I didn't think it did anything, so i kept my pkmn out all week and it went away. then i learned wat it was and was mad at myself for letting it go away.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
at first i was like ??????????

then i was like "OMGWTFBBQHAX!!!"

but then i went to serebii.net and i was like "...whew..."

so now im like :D

SpicyFlareon

Mr. Flareon to you.
"Oh wow..... Wait, Pokerus...? What's Pokerus?" Haha.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
OMG! My pokemon have a virus? They're sick??!! Is it CONTAGIOUS???!! Are they going to be DELETED or something???!!! BUT I DIDN'T CHEAT!!!! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!!! HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED??! WHYYYY??? ARGGGHHHHHH!!*screams and runs around in circles frothing at the mouth*

I knew it was no big deal - a good thing, actually. I was calm and collected.

Ahem.

Jorah

What do I put here?
I actually didn't know what it was. I only ever got it once and that was when I was little so I was like "Okay?" and all so I never really took advantage of it. I never got it again since then.

SpicyFlareon

Mr. Flareon to you.
I want to use the Pokerus. D:

shimalu

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

i dunno wat this is!

then i found out wat it was and....

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY again

my fave pkmn is.......;142;;142;;142;
i have claimed him

kedlu

Zubat Zubat
I thought it was a status ailment. I asked my brother what it was and he explained it, I was so surprised. This was in 2005 or something, so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.